Our partner

Is this type of seizure dangerous?

Well-Being message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Is this type of seizure dangerous?

Postby Shattered_Crystals » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Okay, I know I should be asking a doctor this question, my parents will not let me see one for these issues though. I need to know if that time I had a seizure when I was 10 yrs old, that lasted for mare than an hour and consisted of uncontrollably moving my eyes, and uncontrollably moving my arms, and legs, and uncontrollably lifting my self in the air was dangerous, in case this makes a difference I was experiencing a psychological phonema flashback of molestation at some parts of the seizure, and felt intensely anxious, I can't tell if the anxiety was from the thought of the molestation, or occurred as a symptom of the seizure. And at the time, I don't think the seizure scared me I didn't even know what a seizure was or that they can be deadly or cause serious problems in the brain, so I know that had nothing to do with it. I need to know the answer to this question for a safety reason. If you can give me a source of where you found that info from, that would be greatly appreciated.
Shattered_Crystals
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:20 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this type of seizure dangerous?

Postby Chucky » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Shattered_Crystals, what you have described is like how an epileptic would describe an epilepsy attack. I witnessed such an attack too when my first girlfriend had one in McDonald's on our second date with each other. First, her eyes started moving oddly, and then her head dropped and arms and legs started shaking. I just grabbed her tightly and told someone to call an ambulance. As far as I'm aware, these attacks dont have to happen frequently and can occur years apart, perhaps even once in a person's life. Has there been any similar events since then that you recall?; and what are your parents' reasons for not looking into this further?

I don't believe that it was in any way related to a flashback that you had, unfortunately, but I'm not a professional (...you're probably sick of hearing us say that by now).

Take care,
Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Is this type of seizure dangerous?

Postby Shattered_Crystals » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Chucky wrote:Shattered_Crystals, what you have described is like how an epileptic would describe an epilepsy attack. I witnessed such an attack too when my first girlfriend had one in McDonald's on our second date with each other. First, her eyes started moving oddly, and then her head dropped and arms and legs started shaking. I just grabbed her tightly and told someone to call an ambulance. As far as I'm aware, these attacks dont have to happen frequently and can occur years apart, perhaps even once in a person's life. Has there been any similar events since then that you recall?; and what are your parents' reasons for not looking into this further?

I don't believe that it was in any way related to a flashback that you had, unfortunately, but I'm not a professional (...you're probably sick of hearing us say that by now).

Take care,
Kevin

I have had seizures after the seizures I have described that has occurred recently. I don't think the seizures from what I can remember, qualify as epileptic though, all though maybe, because the amount of anxiety I feel as a symptom does feel disordered epilepsy is a physical condition though, so maybe the anxiety as a symptom of a seizure has nothing to do with it. Oh, and thanks for providing me with info on epilepsy. My parents will not take me to a professional though, because they claim to think there is nothing wrong with me.
Shattered_Crystals
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Well-Being