Our partner

Treatment of Depression/BiPolar/Schitzophrenia

Well-Being message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Treatment of Depression/BiPolar/Schitzophrenia

Postby MrGamma » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:22 am

doodler wrote:The cheapest source is whey protein powder added to a shake.....using rice milk, LF milk,....whatever...
I found....when I was trying to be fit 'n healthy.....

Trying? So I take it you are on SSRIs or Anti-Psychotics right now, eh?

The brain eats up something in the range of 20-25% of glucose, it's like a nuclear reactor compared to other parts of the body. Sometimes I wonder, a hot head during a fever, is that because it's infected in your brain? Probably not... it's probably your brain pumping overdrive to fight off the infection.

Anyways... yeah, I was like ready to run 20K marathons in the summer, then one of shot anti-psychotics and now it's an uphill battle all over again. Sure sure, I was a little delusional, but I think some rest, good eating, and time would have been equally if not more effective than the anti-psychotics.

In other words, no effort required, I was fully energized naturally, exercise was total pleasure. Well mostly natural, I mean I did experiment with some health products, way too many at the same time. After cutting them out of my routine, I was still going full speed ahead, more or less.

That and almonds ( almonds sold for cooking sufficed ....much cheaper)

I like the almond milk every now and then. No protein, or low protein but it's okay, nothing special.

Anyways, the textured vegetable protein is like 2 dollars a pound. That's nearly a shopping bag full for 10 dollars.
"I feel a pathological envy for anyone with such a big brain" - Big Bird
MrGamma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Treatment of Depression/BiPolar/Schitzophrenia

Postby MrGamma » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:46 am

doodler wrote:The cheapest source is whey protein powder added to a shake.....using rice milk, LF milk,....whatever...

Stuff looks good, I must have passed right by it somehow... Will get some soon.

*link removed*

Sounds way healthier than the Textured Vegetable Protein... except maybe way more fibre in the soy stuff...

*link removed*
Last edited by lilyfairy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links to commercial sites removed
"I feel a pathological envy for anyone with such a big brain" - Big Bird
MrGamma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Well-Being