Our partner

I just want out

Open Discussions About Verbal Abuse.

I just want out

Postby RobertABooey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:50 pm

My wife cornered me today and told me she can’t take me being miserable and grumpy anymore, and I need to get my $#%^ together. I had no idea I was like that. I have anxiety and PTSD, and try every day to be happy and make her and my son happy, but all she seems to focus on is the negatives. I don’t even know how to behave anymore. I work 10 hours days (not by choice), am taking classes, and have not much time for anything else. The little free time I do have I try to spend with her and my son, or playing video games to relax. She says that she understands that I relax by playing games, but she doesn’t like it. I don’t know if that means I should stop? Heck, it’s maybe 20-30 mins a day. She claims that my demeanor is screwing up our son (making him more negative and down on himself), and basically just the cause of the stress in our household. Not sure what advice I’m looking for, more just needed to vent. I just give up.
RobertABooey
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I just want out

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:30 pm

I'm really sorry to hear you're hurting like you say. I really do feel bad for you. Hang in there. I know you said you gave up, but maybe just vent all you need and try to go back at life at home again with all the good qualities you hold. I do understand how hard it can be, though. Hugs, if wanted.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:26 am
Blog: View Blog (93)

Return to Verbal & Emotional