Our partner

Also trying to leave

Open Discussions About Verbal Abuse.

Also trying to leave

Postby yumbby » Sat May 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Married to a narccisst alcoholic who is whittling me down to nothing. He talked me into quitting work after I spent all my inheritance on him, now I feel so hopeless. He only gets physical when he gets drunk but the constant yelling and emotional abuse are worse. I seriously cannot put one thought with another one to figure out how to get out of this. Even though I own a house that my dad left me free and clear, but its two hours away in a small town with no job opportunities. Is there such a thing as lawyer who would help someone with no money of there own anymore? I feel sick. I spent 120, 000 dollars on bailing him out on his irresponsible life style. Now I depend on his money and feel stuck. I think i need legal help.
yumbby
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Also trying to leave

Postby Terry E. » Sun May 06, 2018 2:17 am

Can you contact a domestic violence centre in your area. They are a good starting point.

Apart from that you need a plan.

It may go like.

Move out,

get a job

fix up your dad's house

sell it

move elsewhere

Along the way you will need to talk to a divorce lawyer who can make sure your husband has as little claim on your dad's house as possible.

before you move out, can you stay with someone for a while when looking for a job, can you borrow money from family anyone to pay for a bond etc.

This is where a domestic violence centre can help, they steer many women like your self into safety.

I wish I could do more, but it starts with a plan, and it can get better.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Also trying to leave

Postby yumbby » Sun May 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Thank you for your very clear and helpful post. I feel like my brain is mush, I can't seem to make decisions , even easy stuff lately. What is a bond and why would I need one? I don't feel like i deserve to go to a shelter because its been about 6 months since he was violent because he hasn't gotten to that severe intoxication. I wonder if legal aid would help me. I will call tomorrow. Thank you again.
yumbby
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Verbal & Emotional

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post