Our partner

What is Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder?

Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What is Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder?

Postby DustBunny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:39 am

Anyone here have it that could explain it from their perspective? A psychiatrist said that I "may" have it, and I would like an expanation from someone who has it rather than just a DSM IV list of symptoms. :D
DustBunny
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What is Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder?

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Undifferentiated somatoform disorder occurs when a person has physical complaints for more than six months that cannot be attributed to a medical condition. If there is a medical condition present, the complaints must be far more severe than can be accounted for by the presence of the medical problem.

Here is more information on it: http://www.minddisorders.com/Py-Z/Undif ... order.html
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:25 am

Postby Azule » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Just like how I don't have arthritis, yet I feel these things.
So's kinda like when the medical establishment puts a name on a thing that it admits it has no solution or knowledge for?

Says Western Medical Man "Hmm I think we're missing something about health and living organisms in distress and/or pain. I Have a Solution!: Better put a name on it, give em' some more painkillers."
Azule
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Postby archenemy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:55 am

To Azule...no doubt! Plus tack on the huge bill we receive!
archenemy
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:25 am

Postby GHy78 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:05 pm

yo SWIM has a somatoform disorder SWIM say it started between july 2nd and july 6 of 2009 along with the disorder and random pains mostly in the *bottom* area and the feeling of some needle pricks and random pop feeling in the head. SWIM says that it has continued offten enough and has thught pretty much right after it happened that there were people following him around that he couldn't see and in his home. in one instance he imagined he hit some one with a coffee pot when he wasn't even close to the coffee pot after he imagined this in his head he was in the same place. however shortly after he imagined this his mom walked in and said the coffee pot had a crack. some times SWIMS mom denys this fact other time not. SWIM didn't have any mental illness previously to this. The disorder had hindered SWIM From SCHool and From many other things and just sucks.
early on in the disorder SWIM decided not to sleep out of fear though later on the sleep study showed that he and the same brain waves as chronic pain and SWIM also saw when it first started a spiral cloud over his house. NOt ######6 with you. He also forgot about some thing and stopped talking to alot of people he previously associated with with out thinking about it. also he decided not to sleep before i took the aside that was baddly punctuated. when he didn't sleep he ended up seeing people apear in a hazy sort of way that eventauly disapeared so SWIM dosen't know. SWIM has thought about *mod edit* can be expensive. SWIM drug connection have degraded as well. SWIM is more sad about that as well. SWIM also learned brainwashing in response. When this happened to SWIM it Started also came along with glowing mist around him that he could control and $#%^ that mist died SWIm thoguht it represented his soul he also saw glowing heads ovber top the phychitrist interviewing hi,m.

SWIM has a bad habit of constantly yelling at his parents that needs to stop...

any opinonos i am to lazy to edit
GHy78
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:25 am

Postby GHy78 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:15 pm

SWIM also acted a fool and if he did buy drugs he did so with out using a phone. BUt has acted a fool adn read amny books but feel like he has gotten nothing out of them SWIM is also depressed that it's been so long with out any headway to solving the problem
GHy78
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:25 am

Postby maree12 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 am

Azule wrote:J

Says Western Medical Man "Hmm I think we're missing something about health and living organisms in distress and/or pain. I Have a Solution!: Better put a name on it, give em' some more painkillers."

you mean, give 'em some more antidepressants. Doctors seem to think they are the cure all for everything
maree12
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:25 pm

Postby exjuny » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I had 2 separate back surgeries in 6 months in hopes to correct numbness and pain in my left leg and foot. The dr was a pretty renowned neurosurgeon so I don't doubt his abilities. After my second surgery I was getting rx'd 90 10mg oxys every 2 weeks. It wasn't long before I was trying to of/suicide on them. Ended up hospitalized ect. I'm out now and off the pills but I still have the pain and numbness in my left leg and foot. I'm kind of to the point now where I've decided it's just something I'm going to have to live with. So would this fall under somatoform disorder?
exjuny
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 am

Return to Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post