Our partner

I'm The Girlfriend

An open discussion on trans gender.

I'm The Girlfriend

Postby GetItDone11 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi,

My boyfriend is transgendered. I'm not really sure what to say here. I love him to death. He has a lot of negative feelings in his life due to how he was born. I guess I just want to help him. His life is very limited in what he does so that no one finds out about his body. We have been together for two years now. He is very closed about his problems, so I guess I just want to learn what I can on here.
GetItDone11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm The Girlfriend

Postby whybother » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Welcome Get it done,

Most transgendered people are very closed about their problems, because that's what they learn't to do VERY young.

But we will SLOWLY open up when safety and acceptance are not a concern.

What specifically are your questions? The members here can probably answer them.
Allergic to affection
and don't believe in love
whybother
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby GetItDone11 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Not sure exactly. I've been looking up other forums and such today. I found a site, Underworks, that sells binders. Right now he uses ducy tape, and lots of it. I can't afford to keep buying the stuff. Haha. But I will for him. But it makes his skin peel really bad, and it can't be good for him. I have been looking at a couple different binders on the Underworks site that I think I might buy for him. Has anyone used these?
GetItDone11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby whybother » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Sorry but I can't help wondering.

Will you be the person who has sex with James after his sexual organs change?

Or is James going to be faced at the last moment with the option of staying in the relationship by not changing genders or changing genders and loosing the physical side of his relationship?

That's probably not treating James fairly
Allergic to affection
whybother
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby GetItDone11 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Yes, I am, so long as he doesn't plan on breaking up with me.

But I don't really get why your asking?
GetItDone11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby whybother » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 am

I was just concerned for James's long term welfare, by asking a question I assumed you might not have thought about.

If I can help, I hope you will ask.
Allergic to affection
whybother
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Chasenawaythepain » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Hey,

I think what your doing now is great, asking things, looking things up for him, all to help him. Getting him binders might be good, tho I havent used them personally, but it sounds better than duct tape for sure. Has he tried ace bandages? I think the best thing you can do is educate yourself and be there for him in all ways, and it seems like you already are doing those things :)

-- Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm --
Chase-30yrs old- Core
Jack (age 30)Southern Cowboy
Blake (age 50)18th Century Vampire
Christian (protector)
Dylan (ISH)
Scottie (age 12) My Mute Boy

Danielle- MY Wife :)
Chasenawaythepain
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 am

Postby cantescapethepain » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:40 pm

honey i am the wife of a tgirl. let me tell you, even though i knew it going into the relationship, and married him anyway, it doesn't get any easier to cope with. especially if he starts changing his actions and feelings towards you. pm me if you ever need or want to talk.
cantescapethepain
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 am

Postby imightbebad » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:24 am

cantescapethepain wrote:honey i am the wife of a tgirl. let me tell you, even though i knew it going into the relationship, and married him anyway, it doesn't get any easier to cope with. especially if he starts changing his actions and feelings towards you. pm me if you ever need or want to talk.

I know this has nothing to do with the original post but you seem kinda unhappy with your marriage, and i'm curious as to why? I just don't get the impression that you're really respectful of who your partner is, and they can't possibly be happy with that and you don't seem to be. I'm dating a trans woman and couldn't be happier, so I'm just curious as to whether it's your attitude or what that's getting in the way. Like I guess I'm just saying it's not always really hard to be in a relationship with a trans person
imightbebad
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:07 am

Postby Helpful_Goose » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Good evening

Sorry to jump on your post but I am going through something (mildly) similar.
My boyfriend has had possible gender dsymorphia issues for years now. He has always hated his body and preferred/been jealous of the female form.
Upon some research, he feels these issues could be due to a repressed transgender issue and we have an appointment with his GP to seek a referral, to look into the possibility of hi starting HRT and his journey to his true female form

However, the reason I have commented here is we are for a small part of the UK and upon recent research it appears that there are limited options (only 1 GIC nearby) with very very strict rules. Obviously we will know more once we have spoke to them (but on the NHS who knows how long she will have to wait)!!

I love my partner with all my heart,. I am so glad she was able to open up to me and admit everything she has been feeling. We are working together to help her achieve her inner happiness and fix this biological mistake! I was just wondering if anyone here has been through similar, been either a partner who supported or been through this process in the UK (or the world in general I suppose :D )and would be potentially willing to discuss?

I want her to know that most importantly over everything (because I did get a bit panicked for like....3 days....) I love her, always have and always will, and she will ALWAYS have my support throughout this process and in our future together :)
Thanks in advance guys!
Helpful_Goose
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Trans Gender