Our partner

Have any trans women on here started HRT yet?

An open discussion on trans gender.

Have any trans women on here started HRT yet?

Postby MsDiclonius » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm a trans woman in the beginning stages of transitioning. I've been getting a lot of mixed feedback online about what you're supposed to eat or not eat while on estrogen and t-blockers. I haven't started hormones yet, but I have an appointment set up to meet with an endocrinologist soon for blood work and to discuss HRT and what not. I thought it would be helpful though to hear from trans women who've had experience with this. Are you supposed to avoid anything with potassium altogether, or can you eat foods like bananas or kiwis, but just in small doses?
MsDiclonius
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Have any trans women on here started HRT yet?

Postby Forgottenpast » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 pm

I've never heard that about eating certain types of foods. I was never advised about that by a doctor. In the beginning I took Estinyl (which they don't make anymore), then later Estradiol and Spironolactone. I wasn't sure how many transsexuals went to doctors anymore for their hormones. I did, but I knew a transsexual who would get hers online without a prescription. She used to go to a doctor (pre-Internet), but that became too expensive and a hassle because the doctor was 150 miles from where she lived. This was many years ago so I'm not sure what she does today if she still gets them that way, goes to a doctor, or doesn't take them at all anymore.
Forgottenpast
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Trans Gender

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post