Our partner

HELP!!! I CAN'T HANDLE MY TRANS TRUTH!!

An open discussion on trans gender.

Re: HELP!!! I CAN'T HANDLE MY TRANS TRUTH!!

Postby FreshGuy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:26 pm

lifelongthing wrote:
I don't really have anybody to talk to about this cos I am not out, that is why I come online to try and deal with this and yeah I am very overwhelmed at the moment :(

I'm glad you've come here then :)

Will the gender clinic continue to follow you or did you just meet them this once? Do you know of any help lines you can call as well if things are difficult?

Feel free to talk as much as you need here. We're here to listen.

Ok thank you ;) It was an online LGBT counselling session but they don't keep any details about you so if you go again it will be like starting from scratch.

There are "helplines" such as the Samaritans but they are crap cos all they do listen and they can't help you with your problems so I don't bother calling them anymore. I can also never think of anything to say.

-- Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 pm --

TROJAN wrote:FreshGuy, I think you may have just given us the reason why you are so overwhelmed with this. You stated: "I am not out yet in public". That is why you are so overwhelmed with this - in my opinion. You are keeping all your feelings bottled up and now you are ready to burst. Coming here and talking to us is a big help to you(I hope), but what is going to start to help you more, is to start to let go of your 'secret' in public. Start off by finding a very good friend who you 100 per cent trust, and try and have a conversation with them and drop a few hints into the conversation that lets them know what you are trying to tell them. The more you open up the better you are going to feel.

Hmm.. yes there could be some truth to that but I don't have any close friends to come out to :L
FreshGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:53 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:30 pm

FreshGuy, I think I owe you an apology. I read your post without realising you have OCD issues, and unfortunately, I don't feel qualified enough to give you useful advice regarding that.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby FreshGuy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:27 pm

TROJAN wrote:FreshGuy, I think I owe you an apology. I read your post without realising you have OCD issues, and unfortunately, I don't feel qualified enough to give you useful advice regarding that.

I don't have OCD. Sorry, that was just a mistake. I actually have transsexualism. I have been born in the wrong body, I am trying to come to terms with my trans identity but it is hard!
FreshGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:48 pm

FreshGuy, I'd read your previous posts. That's where I got the impression you had OCD. I'm sorry I drew that conclusion. What is it in particular you are finding hard to handle about being transsexual? If you can try and put into words exactly what is troubling you, more people might be able to offer help and support. Like I said in a previous post to you, it can sometimes be overwhelming if you are trying to live your life while keeping your trans status a secret. I am out to my family, and some close friends, but I'm living a secret as far as my neighbours are concerned, so I can see where you are coming from to some extent.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby FreshGuy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:17 pm

TROJAN wrote:FreshGuy, I'd read your previous posts. That's where I got the impression you had OCD. I'm sorry I drew that conclusion. What is it in particular you are finding hard to handle about being transsexual? If you can try and put into words exactly what is troubling you, more people might be able to offer help and support. Like I said in a previous post to you, it can sometimes be overwhelming if you are trying to live your life while keeping your trans status a secret. I am out to my family, and some close friends, but I'm living a secret as far as my neighbours are concerned, so I can see where you are coming from to some extent.

Ok *Hugs*

Basically I am having trouble accepting my status as a woman. I always thought I was a male before I discovered my transsexuality last year so it has really shaken me up. At first I thought the thoughts were just an OCD type obsession but it is now, I am a woman, I am a transsexual. I am going to transition to treat my gender incongruence and I am gonna live as the girl I am on the inside. My brain/body mismatch will be more!

but basically I am having trouble accepting being a transsexual.

I am in a bad place.
FreshGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:41 pm

It may or may not be helpful to you, but I stopped thinking of myself as transsexual, and started referring to myself as the gender I felt myself to be. So I was born in a female body, but never thought of myself as a girl/woman. When I was a child, I identified as a tomboy, and in adulthood, I have identified as a man. If you think you are a woman, think of yourself as that. That will hopefully make you feel less stressed about your current circumstances. I am a great believer that who you are as a person, comes from the mind.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby FreshGuy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:07 pm

TROJAN wrote:It may or may not be helpful to you, but I stopped thinking of myself as transsexual, and started referring to myself as the gender I felt myself to be. So I was born in a female body, but never thought of myself as a girl/woman. When I was a child, I identified as a tomboy, and in adulthood, I have identified as a man. If you think you are a woman, think of yourself as that. That will hopefully make you feel less stressed about your current circumstances. I am a great believer that who you are as a person, comes from the mind.

Ok thank you, I will try but I am finding it hard to lose the transsexual label.
FreshGuy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Trans Gender