Our partner

The Cure for Tourettes?

Tourette's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

The Cure for Tourettes?

Postby alexm » Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 am

Hello,

I had tourettes syndrome when I was younger. I was around 11 years old when the symptoms started, which were:
- shaking of the head
- shaking/'bone grinding' of left had
- uncontrollable noises / sounds
- other movements like lifting of shoulder at times, throwing my arm out.

Some days the symptoms were very bad, worse when I was by myself (as no one was watching, I didnt have to 'control' / 'contain' it as much). It was not until years later that I have discovered what caused it, what started it, and in my opinion it is the root cause for many - if not all - tourettes worldwide. It may be controversial and I understand why, as you will see later.

When I was 11 years old I had my first of many mercury amalgam fillings. (You know the silver looking fillings for tooth cavities.) I started a new school and my parents wanted to get 'my teeth sorted' before starting a new term - so i wouldnt have to miss any days off school by going to the dentist. So I had around 5 or 6 fillings a few days before starting school.

I rememebr asking the dentist just before getting the mercury fillings if I could have the other style ones (white plastic/ceramic versions). He said "sorry you should have said it earlier, i've prepared the mercury amalgam already, you'll just have to have that." At 11 years old, theres not much you can do. When he finished the fillings and after I went home, I noticed I still had a lot of the mercury filling material in my mouth.

My tourettes started a day or 2 after that. After careful research I have found out that Dentists have to take a lot of precautions to make the amalgam, as this substance is very toxic! Even the bottle the amalgam comes in says toxic on the bottle! And they stick it in your mouth, and you have it there for the rest fo your life!?

This cure / cause is not commonly spoken of because if will effect the medical and dentistry industry quite a bit. As mercury is used in not only mercury fillings but in vaccinations and other products (like contact lens solution etc etc). I went through a mercury detox program, had my fillings removed (by a special dentist) and replaced with non-mercury amalgam fillings, I no longer took vaccinations (I also noticed my symptoms got worse after vaccinations) and surprise surpise - MY TOURETTES IS GONE.

Remember the expression "as mad as a hatter"? Do you know how this expression started? Well, hat makers many, many years ago used mercury to polish / shine hats, particularly top hats. It was impossible for hatters to avoid inhaling the mercury fumes given off during this process. Hatters often suffered mercury poisoning as the mercury vapor caused neurological damage including confused/slurred speech and distorted vision and all the symptoms of tourettes (this was concentrated mercury they were dealing with here), shaking of the head, swearing / shouting and other uncontrollable bodily movements were very common amongst hatters - hence "as mad as a hatter." Welders also often suffer neurological damage and tics from exposure to metal (normally manganese) fumes, Manganese poisoning is very similar to Parkinson's disease (which is similar to tourettes in respect to involuntary bodily movements).

So you can see that Mercury causes tourettes syndrome in people that are extra sensitive to mercury! Remove the mercury and you will remove tourettes. There are many ways to do this which I am happy to go into.

All the best
Last edited by alexm on Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The Cure for Tourettes?

Postby bennyboy760 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for the post - it is definatley interesting and i'm very intrigued to know if this works or even helps. So if anybody has experienced the same - please post!

I work for a company that supplies drugs to dentists and therefore have some very knowledgeable people so I think I will ask around.

The ingediant 'amalgam' may be toxic but are there any known cases of it causing neuro problems? Was your mecury detox just co-insidance for your tourettes stopping? Can I ask how long you have been tourettes free? The reason I ask is because my Tourettes comes and goes - could it be that you are on a tourettes 'rest' period? Sorry to sound sceptic.

Thanks

Bennyboy
bennyboy760
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Postby bennyboy760 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:44 am

Sorry Ive just re-read the post - I was meant to say are the any cases of 'Mercury' causing Neuro issues - not "amalgam" apologies.
bennyboy760
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby alexm » Fri May 07, 2010 8:12 am

Tourettes free for + 20 years.

I had only one reocurrance after I had a vaccination - i didn't realise untill later that vaccinations contain Mercury . . .yup, mercury as a perservative. So the one recurrance happened after I again had contact with mercury.

Amalgam is banned in Norway and Sweden. Why is that? Dont forget FDA approval doesnt mean something is safe, I could mention dozens and dozen of drugs that have been FDA approved, have killed / maimed people and then been removed from market. There is a big case at the moment about aspartame which is another neurotoxin, but that's another story. . .did you know that airforce pilots arent allowed to consume drinks which contain aspartame? I'll let you do your own research on that one.

Mercury from dental amalgam is absorbed into the body through chewing, brushing and general grinding of teeth. Dental amalgam fillings can also break down so particles are swallowed over time. All these are in very small doses, but just as in fish (remember those adverts on the TV about not eating too much fish as they contain mercury?) it builds up in the body over time.

You mentioned that you supply to the dental industry, or know people that supply amalgam? If so could you post the warning label of the amalgam jar that is used to make amalgam fillings. It would be apreciated. 40 - 60% of the amalgam mix is mercury, and obviously the expertise of the dentist in making this mix is quite important.

I've researched mercury for over 20 years and it is the root cause - it's good to be sceptical - just do your own research (independent research) not those supplied by the manufacturers of mercury compounds and I'm sure you will come to the same conclusion.
alexm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby bennyboy760 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:25 am

Interesting article - http://dentistry.about.com/b/2009/07/29 ... he-fda.htm

Take a look at the comments at the bottom of the page.
bennyboy760
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby alexm » Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 am

That's interesting - thanks.

I also checked the 'poll' and its great to see that the majority of people realise the dangers of amalgam and would NOT have them. (Even with the FDA new classification to say that they are still safe.)

People are smarter than the medical marketing / propaganda establishment :)
alexm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby bennyboy760 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Update - I have spoken with my dentist's receptionist who confirms that I have had several Amalgam fillings in the past that contain mercury. She didnt go into dates etc. But I have an appointment on Friday afternoon to speak with my dentist.
bennyboy760
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby alexm » Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 am

That's great.

But note that a lot of dentists are not that informed. For example amalgam fillings are banned in some countries, but not in the UK.

If your dentist is using amalgam then in my opinion he's unaware of the problems, as why use amalgam if he thinks it's going to harm?

It's still not the majority / accepted view: look here for example, it's a video of a concerned Doctor, Dr Andrew Wakefield, who found during his research (and years of examing patients) that mercury vaccinations caused autism -he alerted the medical authorities and what was the result? Just take a look, barred from practicing! Just for informing people of his research etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxP5LEYg4LQ

The amalgam controversy is basically the same.

Best regards,
alexm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby bennyboy760 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:21 am

ARticle from a website.

"Although many foods may contain traces of mercury, fish and shellfish are known to have the most mercury overall. As mercury enters the water supply, all fish absorb some of it into their bodies. Fish that are higher on the food chain have especially high mercury levels since they consume smaller fish. Therefore, it's no surprise that the largest fish often contain the most mercury. High-mercury fish include swordfish, shark, king mackerel and tile fish. Certain types of tuna also contain mercury well above U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)'s limits of 0.1 microgram per 2.2 pounds of body weight. "

I eat lots of tuna!!!!!!

Ive just looked on the web and there are mercury testing kits that you can purchase.
bennyboy760
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby bennyboy760 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, my dentist confirmed that I have 6 large fillings (£120 each to replace) & 2 small fillings (£90 each to reaplce). So thats fair amount of money. Well worth it if it works, however a lot of money if you havent got it?!

I wonder if my nourologist could arrange for them to be taken out free on the NHS? Well, I say free, I still pay shed loads of tax on my salary, but thats another matter.

Then they can then do it under General Anesthetic? get them all replaced in one go?
bennyboy760
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Tourette's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post