Our partner

Gluten and Tourette

Tourette's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Gluten and Tourette

Postby Susy60 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi.

Some time ago I read experiences of people who improved the symptoms of Tourette with the gluten-free diet, but I did not decide to try, I do not know if I have enough willpower. Have any of you tried the gluten-free diet? Maybe you can give me some advice.

An open access study has just been published that shows the improvement in a group of patients during a year. What has impressed me most is the video attached to the study of the improvement of a child.

Bests.
Susy60
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Gluten and Tourette

Postby peaches66 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Normally don't post here cuz I'm new. However I'm currently trying it, as I did a salivary test that indicated I was gluten sensitive. I started removing it from my diet two months ago, and I've fully removed it in the last month. The problem is gluten can remain in your system for 3 months so I'm not sure what the effects are long term. But I've noticed a decrease in severity of tics; a significant decrease, but nothing extraordinary. seeing as how it was easy and helped my body in several ways, I think it's worth it.

My neurologist instantly supported the idea of being gluten free so I'm sure there's some intellectual backing. If you're unsure and don't want to eat crummy food for three months, I recommend you just do a salivary test. Hope this was somewhat helpful.
peaches66
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Tourette's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post