Our partner

Is it possible to prevent a new tic while it’s growing?

Tourette's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Is it possible to prevent a new tic while it’s growing?

Postby Dsy012 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Hello,

I’m not diagnosed with Tourette’s, I’ve had a blinking tic in my childhood then when I was 16-17 I had a head shaking tic and it was painful because when you’re 17 usually you are socially more active with your peers and it was painful to hide it. Then I went to a psychiatrist for my tics alongside with many stressing problems&anxiety&OCD. Firstly Risperidone and then Abilify seemed to help.

Now, it’s been 2 years and I’m not on medicine. I’m currently in a very, very stressing and unhappy phase of my life and I’ve just realized that I might be growing a tic again (raising my eyebrows). I’m really obsessive about tics, I’m always watching myself if I grow tics again. Thinking it might be because of that I’m supposed to wear glasses or use contact lenses but I don’t so my eyes are always tired, or I am really growing a tic again.

So, this question is more general. Do you think someone can prevent their just growing tics by avoiding that motion or what they’re growing as a tic? (Could be vocal, too)
Dsy012
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Tourette's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post