Our partner

My Tourette's Is Trying To Kill Me

Tourette's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My Tourette's Is Trying To Kill Me

Postby VisceraHood » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:47 am

Normally my tics are not that intrusive at all. I make clicking sounds in the back of my throat and stretch my neck alot. Sometimes I even do a little wheezing thing but I hardly ever even notice when I'm ticcing, nor does anyone else who doesn't know I have TS.

However, it all changes when I am driving. The tics get WAY worse, and there is a new one added in that never happens unless I'm behind the wheel. That tic is to keep rolling my eyes to the side or to squeeze them shut for at least a second or two. The faster I drive -- the more dangerous my situation is -- the worse it gets. I really have been terrified for years because I know one day it's going to maim or kill me in some horrible accident.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Has your Tourette's Syndrome seemed to turn against you for no known reason? Has it tried to hurt or even kill you? Or is this an OCD thing that I've confused for Tourette's?
VisceraHood
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My Tourette's Is Trying To Kill Me

Postby plank » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Woah, I had the opposite experience when I was learning to drive. My tics would subside a bit to let me concentrate on the road... Maybe driving slower isn't such a bad thing?
plank
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Tourette's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post