Our partner

My psycologist forcing me to take online therapy

Therapy message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: Wally58

My psycologist forcing me to take online therapy

Postby bellic007 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:38 am

I don't knoe why but he kept on saying that he is /may not be available to face-to-face counseling and telling me online therapy is available..I already said him I have no effect in online therapy.Also in the last session I decided to write my feelings in some random worksheets and shown itto him.he said that it's foolishness to workout such things as it will waste my time.and try not at all focusing the problem..like the therapist is afraid of diving deep and always like to follow a basic textbook instructions..because of that I am not at all getting s clarity about my issues..like he said get a job start one and issues automatically fade away..but getting a job and all is so hard for me with this things in my head..
And even after spenting money j can't express myself and being judged for doinng so...
Dx Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Self diagnosed Dissociative Disorder

Self Identified Parts
Smoker (M) 14 yo
Vyakulan (M) 23 yo
Nirali(M) 13 yo
bellic007
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My psycologist forcing me to take online therapy

Postby Wally58 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:06 am

I have been doing some 'telemedicine' meetings because of COVID. I didn't think I would get a lot out of them, compared to actual office visits, but they are still face-to-face on Zoom or Facetime.

I can make notes ahead of time with questions for the doctor and observations about myself that I feel are meaningful.
Seeing a face is an important part of communication. We can read expressions and have eye contact to go along with voice inflection for more meaningful communication. During a live office visit while wearing masks hides a big part of the facial communication.

I still prefer 'in-person' appointments for certain things, for matters that make me feel that 'I have to be there to say this', for instance.
I guess that we are all used to in-person therapy, because that is the way it has always been done.

I would communicate your concerns directly to your therapist and see what can be done, I'm sure that you are not the only one of his/her patients with this unease.

If you are not ready to go back to work, that is OK. I was there once myself. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Only you can decide when you are ready. Take this time now to work on yourself, as you may not have this opportunity later.
Cherish this time you spend on fixing yourself before getting back to the rat-race. Let us know what is decided.

Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:52 pm

Re: My psycologist forcing me to take online therapy

Postby bellic007 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:58 pm

Wally58 wrote:I have been doing some 'telemedicine' meetings because of COVID. I didn't think I would get a lot out of them, compared to actual office visits, but they are still face-to-face on Zoom or Facetime.

I can make notes ahead of time with questions for the doctor and observations about myself that I feel are meaningful.
Seeing a face is an important part of communication. We can read expressions and have eye contact to go along with voice inflection for more meaningful communication. During a live office visit while wearing masks hides a big part of the facial communication.

I still prefer 'in-person' appointments for certain things, for matters that make me feel that 'I have to be there to say this', for instance.
I guess that we are all used to in-person therapy, because that is the way it has always been done.

I would communicate your concerns directly to your therapist and see what can be done, I'm sure that you are not the only one of his/her patients with this unease.

If you are not ready to go back to work, that is OK. I was there once myself. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Only you can decide when you are ready. Take this time now to work on yourself, as you may not have this opportunity later.
Cherish this time you spend on fixing yourself before getting back to the rat-race. Let us know what is decided.

Best of luck to you. :D

I had visited therapist and explained my Concerns about therapy .I was been honest with him about my loss of motivation and negativity that kept me away from seeking,keeping and maintaining a Job.He questioned me a Lot .He challeneged me a lot by trying to say about the hopelessnes of being hopeless.Also he told me that the sessions never work if I don't stock to the action-commitment plan that we together had developed.Although I was so inspired by the plan at first now I had no intention to goto a Job.Its like my mood was changed and I am So anxious and afraid about the rush of the rat race.Fortunately at the end of the session he gave me a handout and told me to fill it.
It was nice that he told me that we together can develop an alternative way to deal with situation rather than commiting to a plan.He stopped persuading me to seek exposure through jobs and agreed or decided to Work on with My Thoughts .He think the thoughts are too much for me right now that it is affecting me to a Point that Make me unable to function.

He will teach me some coping methods to diffuse my negative thoughts.
I am hoping to see a change in the coming sessions.
Dx Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Self diagnosed Dissociative Disorder

Self Identified Parts
Smoker (M) 14 yo
Vyakulan (M) 23 yo
Nirali(M) 13 yo
bellic007
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:22 am

Return to Therapy