Our partner

couples therapy - Need your opinion

Therapy message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: Wally58

couples therapy - Need your opinion

Postby couplecounsel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:40 pm

My marriage is in trouble for a VERY long time. I believe in marriage as an institution, therefore, i want to do everything in my power to fix it, before i resort to divorce. In general, i think that finding a good therapist is as to find a needle in a haystack. So, finding a good couples therapists, even worse.

I have gone now to 2 therapists who I find unbelievable unethical. Both therapists gave me and my husband couples therapy for months. Early on I felt an imbalance of time and energy from this therapist in favor of my husband, both times! I asked the therapists to correct this, but they didn't address this, but in fact, they became VERY defensive. On both occasions, I find out that my husband is seeing them in individual therapy, behind my back. This has made my marriage much worse pushing us closer to divorce! UNETHICAL! Therapists should at least do no harm!

Please share with me,
1) Do you think that a therapist who say you and your husband as a couple, can see any of the spouses individually after they therapist was fired?
2) What is your experience with couples therapy? Is it worth it?

Thank you!
couplecounsel
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 11:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: couples therapy - Need your opinion

Postby lifeproof » Wed May 15, 2019 4:12 am

(I'm not a therapist.)

It's definitely weird that your therapists have spent more time talking to your spouse over you. I don't see any specific problems with your husband seeing the same therapist without telling you, unless there was some reason he tried to keep it a secret...

If your therapist seemed to favor your husband in other ways, it could be because he believed you may have been causing some problems in the relationship, but he was too nice to tell you directly.
lifeproof
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Therapy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post