Our partner

So I've been out of therapy for practically five months.

Therapy message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: Wally58

So I've been out of therapy for practically five months.

Postby Aderis114 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:56 am

Basically my insurance forced me to switch from my therapist that I worked well with and was making good progress with because my "therapy was going on too long" and they believe that "they can monitor me better within the clinic"

Naturally I was reluctant, but I cant afford therapy without insurance so I went with it. I even tried to work with female therapists which I was pretty sure wouldnt work and, I dont know if its negative transference or whatever, but I was right. They didn't click with me at all and I was consistently annoyed with them. None of the sessions got anything done.

At this point Im demanding a male therapist since Ive never had a problem with any male therapist or psychiatrist, but they cant get me one for some reason. At this point, theyve been constantly procrasinating with helping me, ignoring me, and telling me that they will "call me back tomorrow" only to not give a phone call back for over a week or two.

I really havent gotten any real help (outside of one good psychiatry appointment once over the past five months) for quite some time and its weighing down on me at this point
Aderis114
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: So I've been out of therapy for practically five months.

Postby salted lipstick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:59 pm

This sounds like a difficult situation to be in. Has anything changed since you last posted?
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Postby Aderis114 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Yeah we managed to bug our annoying insurance to get us my old therapist back after so long. However getting back into the motion of it and getting appointments with my therapist is kind of hard.
Aderis114
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 am

Postby salted lipstick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:09 pm

That's really good you could get back your old therapist that you had made good progress with. Settling in again can be hard after disruption, it can affect sense of safety and trust to have had a big gap.
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Return to Therapy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post