Our partner

Looking for online Psychiatrist

Psychiatry message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Looking for online Psychiatrist

Postby BladeTyler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Hello, I've been looking for an online Psychiatrist to get myself re-diagnosed. I was diagnosed with BiPolar disorder and ADHD since the 3rd grade. I have since found that many symptoms I have lined up with other disorders and would like a professional opinion. However, the Psychiatrist who originally diagnosed me (Sadly there's only one Psychiatrist for miles) has since dropped me as a client as he only deals with people until they are 18. I am 19 now and originally when I got dropped, had control over my moods and everything else. But lately I have had a lot of problems, however, I not only can't get an appointment with my old Psychiatrist(For the reason mentioned above) but I also have NO interest in letting him be my Psychiatrist again. Our last appointment, he was quite rude and inconsiderate to me as well as clearly shrugging off the fact that I had told him about a string of nightmares that prevented me from sleeping for a few weeks.

For these reasons, I need to find a Psychiatrist who will see me and hopefully actually pay attention when his patient says they haven't gotten sleep in over 14 days. Thanks in advance.
BladeTyler
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Looking for online Psychiatrist

Postby EricLarry » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:45 am

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult time dealing with your old psychiatrist. I’m also very sorry that it felt that he wasn’t taking your issues seriously. This *mod edit- link removed* is a useful place for seeking psychiatrists or other mental health practitioners. It is sortable by area – you mentioned that there wasn’t another psychiatrist in your area but possibly there may be someone else who could help you? Otherwise this site *mod edit- link removed* enables you to consult someone online. I wish you well in finding someone who can help you!
EricLarry
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Psychiatry

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post