Our partner

Can you help the numbness go away ?

Psychiatry message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Can you help the numbness go away ?

Postby 2feathers » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 am

I am the youngest of 7 and im the only one in my family who has not been to jail of prison. I am 22 i have a full time job and soon to be wife and 2 cats. I am very well of on part of my hard work early on at the shipyard. My mother pasted when i was five so the only memories i have of her is when she was dieing of cancer. At age 7 i was molested by my dads girlfriends son for 8 months from i can tell. I moves back to California at age 9 my father was deep into meth my whole life but one night he draged me by my neck in to his room high as a kite screaming someone is going to kill me. Lot of other things happened that night. But from 5yo i couldn't feel anything no emotions how do i escapes this how do i move on
2feathers
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can you help the numbness go away ?

Postby atina » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Dear 2feathers:

Congratulations for being, as you shared: "the only one in my family who has not been to jail of prison".
And for being employed and for getting married soon.

The numbness you mentioned is your neurological response for being scared so intensely when you were a child. You experienced then more fear than your brain/ body was able to handle, so it shut down, automatically.

For the numbness to go away gradually and permanently, it will probably take competent psychotherapy as well as having a safe, zero aggression, loving relationship with to be wife.

Best wishes to you!

atina
atina
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Psychiatry