Our partner

Frustration With New Psychiatrist [POSSIBLE TRIGGER]

Psychiatry message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Frustration With New Psychiatrist [POSSIBLE TRIGGER]

Postby StrawberrySandstorm » Fri May 24, 2013 6:09 am

So I schedule an appointment with this new psychiatrist because the one I was seeing only does pediatrics. Well, it was scheduled for the 5th of the next month. Then her secretary has the nerve to call me up and tell me my appointment has been rescheduled 20 DAYS LATER from when it was first scheduled. I was just about to call them and ask if I could change my appointment to be sooner. I even begged and pleaded with the secretary.... Only to get nothing.

I don't doubt that this new person is good, but I'm starting to doubt she'll be helpful to me. I NEED to schedule sooner because I've had several incidents where I've considered committing suicide and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on without committing myself to an institution. I wouldn't mind calling Crisis Services if I did't have major anxiety about making phone calls. (I know it sounds stupid, but I get anxious about sounding awkward over the phone so....yeah.) That and I'm not sure how much help they'd be since they're not right here beside me experiencing what I'm experiencing. They're not right there beside me. They're just a voice on the other end of the phone...

Getting back on topic, I've been trying to reschedule ever since and they've said they'd contact me if anybody cancelled. So far, nobody's cancelled and I'm still waiting. I'm also wondering if this person I'm seeing even knows let alone cares about what's happening to me right now. I've often wondered if I'm the expendable newbie that gets pushed to the back of the line. As far as I'm concerned, this person's reputation doesn't look very good in my book thus far. But the important thing is that I need to keep it together and wait another whole month just to see this person... Another whole month of painful....suffering....loathing....
StrawberrySandstorm
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Frustration With New Psychiatrist [POSSIBLE TRIGGER]

Postby StrawberrySandstorm » Sat May 25, 2013 5:15 am

I dunno if we're allowed to bump threads. But I'm bumping this one.

I've still been trying to contact this new psychiatrist (the one I talked about last post), but to no avail.
StrawberrySandstorm
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Re: Frustration With New Psychiatrist [POSSIBLE TRIGGER]

Postby StrawberrySandstorm » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:10 am

So I went to the family doctor the other day. And I'm now on new meds. Still nothing from the psychiatrist's office.
StrawberrySandstorm
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Psychiatry

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post