Our partner

insurance frustrations!

Psychiatry message board, open discussion, and online support group.

insurance frustrations!

Postby lithium26 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 am

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this. I was just wondering if anyone knows of some way to get any assistance to see a psychiatrist or get help.

My problem is that, well I have a good job and do not qualify for any sort of state assistance, but my employer does not offer health insurance and I can't afford it either. So I am kind of stuck right in the middle, I cannot afford $300 once a week to get help, and the doctor I do see (which i pay out of pocket for) is very Leary of prescribing anything and has suggested I see "someone more qualified to handle these types of issues". He knows my situation and does try to help, but again, I am still paying out of pocket just to get basic medications that I need.

It is a very frustrating situation for me,

I know that I'm not the only person In this situation, (I work in a medical office, go figure). I am just curious if anyone else is having the same problems, maybe we can help people get the assistance that they need.
lithium26
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: insurance frustrations!

Postby Cheze2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:14 am

lol move to Massachusetts, USA. ;)

I'm sorry I don't have much more to offer than that in the way of psychiatry. Though I will say that you don't normally see a psychiatrist once a week. Perhaps to start out it will be once a month, and if you're doing well perhaps once every 3 months. Plus, you would end up paying an arm and a leg for most psychiatric medications. (Though there are some on the Walmart $4 list, or some that are older that are affordable)
Bipolar I with Psychotic features; Borderline Personality disorder; GAD
Today's cocktail is: Quetiapine 100mg; Latuda 40mg; Trilafon: 8mg
Forum Rules
"No matter how long the night, the dawn always breaks" -African Proverb
Cheze2
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:35 pm

Re: insurance frustrations!

Postby INEEDTHISS » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:47 am

lithium26 wrote:I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this. I was just wondering if anyone knows of some way to get any assistance to see a psychiatrist or get help.

My problem is that, well I have a good job and do not qualify for any sort of state assistance, but my employer does not offer health insurance and I can't afford it either. So I am kind of stuck right in the middle, I cannot afford $300 once a week to get help, and the doctor I do see (which i pay out of pocket for) is very Leary of prescribing anything and has suggested I see "someone more qualified to handle these types of issues". He knows my situation and does try to help, but again, I am still paying out of pocket just to get basic medications that I need.

It is a very frustrating situation for me,

I know that I'm not the only person In this situation, (I work in a medical office, go figure). I am just curious if anyone else is having the same problems, maybe we can help people get the assistance that they need.

I have had similar issues but only now I live in a religious small town. I've had rude, let's just bc so that " I can get a check under my door" attitudes. I've been told point blank we can't help you with that issue. It was better in NY because it's progressive, but not much. I faced the fact if the therapist is not benefiting. whether with funding or notoriety. We're not getting help.
INEEDTHISS
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Return to Psychiatry