Our partner

Motivation to seek treatment?

Counseling message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Motivation to seek treatment?

Postby kiki772 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Hey y'all,

so ive been kind of struggling with finding a reason or motivation to work on myself and start seeing a therapist. I hate to admit it but i feel like i almost dont want to get better? So i guess my question is: how did you (personally) find motivation to start seeking treatment? What convinced you that it's worth it?
kiki772
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Motivation to seek treatment?

Postby Wally58 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 am

When things got bad enough to ask for help?
I found out later that asking for help was a sign of strength and courage, not a sign of weakness and defeat.
The ones that survive are usually the ones who did it with the help and love from others.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:04 am

Re: Motivation to seek treatment?

Postby BethleftRich » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 pm

I am so relieved to be in counseling now. My counselor is a great listener and each time I come out of counseling, I do feel a bit better. It will take a while to heal from an abusive toxic marriage, but I am determined to keep it up. my motivation for getting counseling is to heal, after five years of being silent, and always giving in. I know this post is late, but I wanted to share why I went to a counselor.
BethleftRich
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:04 am

Return to Counseling

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post