Our partner

Trouble opening up to people

Counseling message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Trouble opening up to people

Postby nightbirds » Thu May 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Hello. I have a hard time opening up to people. I am a fictive of Harvey Dent, which may not mean anything to you, but to me it means the first four years of my life were made up-- a compulsive fantasy, and now I don't know where to go to level with people. I can't go through the whole long story about how I thought I was in rehabilitation as a violent criminal. It is too far out there. How do I relate to people? Help!

-Harvey
nightbirds
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Trouble opening up to people

Postby Wally58 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:36 am

This is in the Counseling section, so I will assume that you are currently in counseling? Can you tell them what you told us here?
In order to have an effective treatment plan and therapy, the initial evaluation and diagnosis must be accurate.
If the doctor doesn't know who they are dealing with, then treatment may be a waste of time and money. They need to know why you are seeking help and for what you need help with.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Counseling

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post