Our partner

Should I Tell My Counselor?

Counseling message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Should I Tell My Counselor?

Postby thecinnamonroll » Tue May 22, 2018 8:32 pm

On the assessment sheet my counselor wants me to fill out before I see him there's a question on it about "how suicidal are you"; you mark your feelings from a 1 to a 10. I've thought about it lately, but have not planned anything nor do I have plans. Since this is my first visit should I let him know or should I wait because I'm scared that I might get locked up or something like that?
thecinnamonroll
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Should I Tell My Counselor?

Postby Wally58 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:37 pm

I believe that many of us think about it from time to time. It can be an act of desperation and despair. It is also important to tell them that you have no plans to do so.
Thoughts are nothing to be ashamed of. Share whatever you think may help them to help you. If you are depressed or despondent, they want to know to what degree.
It is important to be completely honest on the assessment. They use the information that you provide to draw up an effective treatment plan. When you interview with the counselor, you can add details.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Counseling

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post