Our partner

Experiences with "fake feelings"?

Counseling message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Experiences with "fake feelings"?

Postby testaccount123 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:25 am

(Not a native speaker so expressing feelings and such is a bit hard but i'll try)

For as long as i can remember i have been in need of talking to someone about things i think is hard, makes me sad and so on. but every time i do this i feel like i'm faking it. I immediately get a strong feeling that i'm making it up to get sympathy, and it feels all fake. Then i waddle between thinking it's fake and that the "fake feeling" about it is indeed fake. I don't know. I can't really find out if my feelings are genuine or not. Even now i'm writing this to you it feels like i'm just making stuff up to get attention.
Is this common? Is it related to something?

When i was 8 or 9 i got an ADHD diagnosis but i think most of the things i had from it have grown away, i'm still over energetic and very outgoing but the anger and concentration difficulties are gone. Might it be related to this?
Also in relations, i'm a bit too jelaous and insecure - is there any ways to work on that? I've not ruined any relationships solely because of that yet but still, it would make my life easier if i could just be more gullible and trust others.

Thanks for your time.
testaccount123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Experiences with "fake feelings"?

Postby Introspectah » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Even now i'm writing this to you it feels like i'm just making stuff up to get attention.

Then this might be helpful to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6R_95Zobg

Also in relations, i'm a bit too jelaous and insecure - is there any ways to work on that?

For sure there are, by following proper advice which will aid you in discovering the causes of your jealousy and insecurity.
Are you willing to?
Introspectah
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Re: Experiences with "fake feelings"?

Postby testaccount123 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Thank you for your answer!

Introspectah wrote:Then this might be helpful to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6R_95Zobg

So it boils down to whether or not i've learned how to feel? Not impossible, i can detect and react appropriately on others feelings and i can detect some of mine but never set words on them.
Well i've always been seen as a cold hearted person, caring but cold hearted. I seldom show other feelings than joy, and i rarely genuinly feel the joy i'm showing, sometimes when i laugh from the top of my lungs (i often do though) i can really feel the happiness inside me, but most of the times i don't.

I'm having my uni exams this week so i'll look further into that video later on, watched the first 5mins at least and it seems ok this far!

Introspectah wrote:For sure there are, by following proper advice which will aid you in discovering the causes of your jealousy and insecurity.
Are you willing to?

Poorly asked question by me, i'm in my upper 20's and have read a lot so i do know there are techniques, but i'm curious if there's any that's more proven successful.
As of now i use my usual technique for feelings, capsule them and stuff away and it have worked fine on jealousy.

When i got the diagnose they taught me a couple of techniques to handle my anger, i was taught how to encapsule the rage and frustration i felt, i think i use the techniques still.
testaccount123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Counseling

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post