Our partner

I show symptoms of GAD but I'm cant go to a counselor

Counseling message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I show symptoms of GAD but I'm cant go to a counselor

Postby davegilmours » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:21 pm

I've made a post about my situation on here and on many other forums, and the responses I've gotten have all mentioned how I need to go to a therapist or counselor. The problem is, I can't go to any of those things even though I need to. Last year I went to my counselor in school to talk about my intrusive thoughts and my counselor told my mom and my mom was angry after that. She said I can't go to the counselor again. I am now a high school freshman. If I go to my counselor again she'll take everything away from me: all of my electronics, my art supplies, EVERYTHING. I don't want to lose contact with my QPP and internet friends because without my phone or a form of communication I'll be a nervous wreck and I will feel alone and just emotionally empty. I don't know what to do. I'm running out of places to go for advice. Someone suggested meditation but my anxiety gets so bad that I'm unable to do something like that. One of my friends suggested to talk about it with my doctor next time I go but I don't want to do that because my mom will find out too.
davegilmours
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I show symptoms of GAD but I'm cant go to a counselor

Postby Akuma » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:28 am

Do you know your mother well enough to understand why she reacts this way? Maybe it can be used to your advantage somehow.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:24 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Counseling

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post