Our partner

Counsellor always booked out?

Counseling message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Counsellor always booked out?

Postby Maddybaddy01 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:26 pm

I started seeing a counsellor for grief, trauma, and stress about 6 weeks ago. She's lovely and I seem to get on with her. It's just that lately, I haven't been able to get weekly appointments because she hasn't had any space. I had to wait 2 weeks to get an appointment the last time, and again, I can't get a follow up the week after next. I haven't been feeling that great and don't feel like I'm in a position to have appointments every 2 weeks or even every other week. I don't really want to switch therapists- I've been through 10 in the last 2 years and she's the one I seem to get on with. I kinda feel abandoned when I can't get an appointment. I mean- my friends don't ever answer my texts or emails, so when my counsellor can't see me, it makes me feel horrible. I know it's not her fault. Just wondering what I should do? Is it ok to employ 2 counsellors so that if one can't see me, the other one can? I would actually prefer two sessions a week but I at least would like one. Thanks.
Maddybaddy01
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Counsellor always booked out?

Postby WiseMonkey » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:00 am

Talk to her about it. When she took you as a client she accepted certain responsibilities toward you one of which is to be available for you on a regular basis, which is usually once a week. She has to meet your needs or to ensure that you can see someone else when she is not available.
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."-Martin Luther King, Jr.
http://therapyconsumerguide.com/
WiseMonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Counseling

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post