Our partner

Stress of Work, Home , Kids and Relationship........

Parenting message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Stress of Work, Home , Kids and Relationship........

Postby AnnC » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new here, I came across this site while looking for resources to manage my stress that is affecting how I feel towards my kids. I have 2 amazing extremely active boys 4.5 and 3 . Lately I have been under a lot of stress due to a number of reasons. Both me and my husband work full time, we are alone in Canada i.e. no family support, our busy lives leave no room for socializing so no friends, neighbors we can call for help. my husband is in the middle of changing jobs and he will be moving to a new city leaving me alone with the kids on top of that I don't drive. So I will have to manage taking the kids to daycare and picking them up, getting to work on time plus the younger one get sick very often. My personal state of mind is extremely tense I miss my family whom i cannot visit due to lack of vacation time (all used due to my son's illnesses) , I find myself extremely irritable, I scream at the kids , I am rude with my husband which leads to him being irritated with me. The kids are noticing this and the older one feels scared to ask me for stuff, I think about my situation and resolve several times to change my attitude but nothing is working. The stress is consuming me and I cannot get over it. How do I manage it all without "ANY" help? I dont have the financial resources to hire help so that will not work, I am worried after my husband leaves things will fall apart how do I go on ? how do I make sure my state of mind does not affect the kids?
AnnC
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Stress of Work, Home , Kids and Relationship........

Postby Chucky » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Ann,

You are already getiing help by coming here, and this is free. I know that it isn't professional help, but it's a clear indication that you are open to hearing what others say (many don't want to listen to others' suggestions whatsoever). The time ahead for you will be difficult, and so accepting that is a must. i mean, there is no worming your way out of it, so it would be better to get everything done that needs to be done to make this period as smooth as can be. I have one question though: How long will your husband be gone for? From yor post, it seems as if he'll be moving away permanently. Is there any chance for you to find a job nearer to him?; or could you both possibly move to somehwre half-way between both cities?

Stability is obviously important in the live of children. So, even though he won't be around too much, if they get to see him regularly, it doesn't have to be too bad. The ideal situation would be that you all live together and work in the same city, but you have to make do with the current situation instead. get everything under control as soon as you can. Do'nt leave things 'lingering' in the background, as they will only weight on your mind and will cause problems later. This whole experiemnce doesn't have to be as bad as you seem to think it will be.

TAke care,
Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Stress of Work, Home , Kids and Relationship........

Postby winchestergirl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello AnnC. I've seen your post was dated from 2010, but I could relate to the stresses of when my kids were younger. Since they're mostly in their teen years now, it's a different form of stress. It's much more mentally challenging for sure and it's where boundaries come into action. Although they would rather not pay attention. I've been through many of the different topics on this site and find that this one is the one where hardly anyone posts. Why? I'm sure alot of the people who visit have children. I actually find this topic a bit safer to enter into than some of the others....scary! Anyways, if you get this I hope things are going better for you than before, and good luck!
winchestergirl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to The Stress Of Parenting