Our partner

Rorschach

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

Re: Rorschach

Postby sanity » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:06 am

Plate I = A bat.
Plate II = Two pigs kissing.
Plate III = A red butterfly and two people holding on to an alien head.
Plate IV = The devil.
Plate V = Another bat.
Plate VI = Animal skin/fur that has been opened to lay flat.
Plate VII = Two tweetie birds standing on a very large butterfly.
Plate VIII = Two wolves touching a bat while there feet are near the butterfly.
Plate IX = Two searhorses standing on top of two blue pigs which are on top of baby pink pigs lying on their backs.
Plate X = Blue octopuses, gray rats, pink seahorses, little yellow seahorses, yellow birds, green worms, little blue dolphins, really weird fat brown insects, and orange butterflies.

I noticed that I saw a lot of animals in these images.
sanity
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:19 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby keylimepie » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:57 pm

1- two angels in the woods facing each other, dancing
2-Some sort of bearded skull
3- first thing I saw was some freaky bug face, then a squashed bug.
4-A demon face
5-a moth
6- chinese dragon
7-top looks like human faces looking at each other, followed by a set of monkey faces, then gorilla faces.
8- large cats or rats climbing up a womans back.
9- some sort of evil animal face with antlers.
10- the blue are monsters. the grey at top is like beetles crawling up a wall. the yellow in the middle looks liek boots, the rest look like nonsense to me.

No clue what is up with me yet.
"Feel strange at least twice a day!"
keylimepie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:19 am

Postby SmileXx » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Plate I - Two men being attacked by two griffons.
Plate II- Two crying people touching hands.
Plate III- Two women facing each a red butterfly and two cardinals falling dead behind them.
Plate IV- A monster jumping straight at me with a thick tail.
Plate V- A bat.
Plate VI- The front of a pirate ship.
Plate VII- Two dancing women.
Plate VIII- A soldier's face with two amphibious looking creatures on the sides stepping on bears.
Plate XI- Two mermaids.
Plate X- A fat man fighting blue crabs and yellow finches.

So... some of those are weird.... I'm a Bipolar Borderline Personality with Panic Disorder.
crimsonandclover wrote:Sometimes the greatest source is from within. And accepting whats in there.

veloruia wrote:We all have a bit of Smile in us.

onebravegirl wrote:Shine on and Smile on my beautiful 2D pal.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:19 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby MarkY » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:21 am

I've never taken a Rorschach test, I don't think, but it's because my brain is capable of seeing multiple images trying to decipher what the best thing I think I see. I accidentally saw someone mention "moth" which probably hurt my fist answer. But I will go based on best answer, not first. Also note that I am somewhat of an artist, but more importantly I am a writer of stories so my descriptions always strive to be specific.

1 - A headless woman in a dress with large papery, torn wings that extend down her legs, a belt wrapped around and attaching her to the wings on the back with a white buckle

2 - At first, I saw two dogs butting heads and standing up on their front paws, but examining their "tails" up in the air look more like red socks on feet, then two people facing each other with hands and knees touching. Then the center looks like a white, strapless dress.
Conclusion 2: I'm going to conclude a girl split in half lying on the floor like a rug with red hair and socks.

3 - The obvious first impression I get are two people facing each other while hanging on something. The fullness of the picture though excludes the red. The image doesn't make sense as the red blotches run up, when paint and liquids run down.
Conclusion 3: to include the red blotches, the picture is upside down. Then it becomes more clear: a dog (more like an alien) shot in the back with blood stains flanking the entrance wounds.

4 - I keep focusing on some main center point and imagining a very bizzare creature. But I quickly discard them. This one was pretty hard to figure out. And yes, I have to admit seeing the person with chicken wings and big feet with a ridiculously-sized male sex organ.
Conclusion 4: A dragon (head at the bottom with large jaws) that had been burned to death and cut off cleanly at the middle of the spine, wings folded it.

5 - Butterfly. This was too easy. Couldn't be a bird or bat because they don't have large protrusions from their heads like an insect would with antennae.

6 - I'm seeing animals again, a cat with whiskers and a long neck, but that answer is too stupid. After a quick look at the bottom, it became easy.
Conclusion 6: Took me less than 8 seconds to figure this (unlike the description). It's a powerful weapon of mass destruction, a gun of sorts (the black) being focused at the bow of a ship. The water is blackened and smoke is spraying around the projectile/laser's point of travel.

7 - I need to stop reading the descriptions and looking at the picture from top to bottom. I saw the two women with hair feathers in dresses bumping each other inappropriately. Guh! But at least that was after thinking it was the receding of weapon previously described.
Conclusion 7: Someone fused a mountain range to the horn of Africa (top blob), then attached Somalia to to the state of Maine on the North American continent (after flipping it over) (middle blob), and also took Russia and China and fused it to the state of Alaska, took a mirror of it and then photographed their crude handiwork.

8 - A water reflection. A large animal dead on its back (bottom). A four-legged animal, possibly a feline, stepping off of it, onto a melting chunk of ice, and onto a more solid iceberg.

9 - I had to focus on the white space to make sense of this one.
Conclusion 9: A bull sneezing an excessive amount onto a cluster of red roses.

10 - The symmetry is killing my eyes. First impression is a focus on the blue splotches, looking like creepy crawlies, and so did everything else after thinking about it.
Conclusion 10: The blue are indeed beetles, but not from around here. They flank two creatures like a mer-grub (like a mermaid), with large green claws waving at something in the distance (central point of the picture). A lamp fixture above and ahead of them have 2 black beetles hanging off of them. Yellow birds carry brownish-green crabs, the creatures are holding hands with blue arms. I can only imagine the bottom flanked brownish blobs as dung and the green is part of a directional carpet leading the two beings (in a marriage procession).

Now instead of just doing that, I want to see how I compare to everyone else (I probably compare pretty strange).

ChuckyY, I saw the chicken wings (sorta) from IV, land mass from high above as you did for VII, and the walking animals on VIII.

Ecco wrote:1. Birds
2. Butterfly
3. Two grey aliens
4. Path leading up to a castle
5. Dragons
6. Storm clouds
7. Map of ice
8. Tigers
9. Bulls
10. Spiders

I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder a couple of years ago.

Well, looks like you focus on the sides of things rather than centrally. Oh yeah, noticed your a fan of Serial Experiments Lain. 8)

Xuridas wrote:1. An imp sticking out its tongue.
2. A little girl looking in the mirror. She's embarrased at what she sees.
3. A Badger
4. A dark figure reaching out of the paper. It wears a skull on its head.
5. A rabbit dashing into the bushes.
6. Two cloaked figures peeping through a door. Looks dangerous.
7. 4 thumbs and 2 fist.
8. A knight wearing a crazy coat slightly unzipped. It also has a huge collar.
9. A dragon with its eyebrows on fire.
10. A creepy king surrounded by demons.

No diagnosis here (phew), but the psychiatrist did mention something about psychosis.

Hmm, mostly action. I was able to connect with you on 9, and after awhile some of the others. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees a young girl in #2 though.

... I'm having a hard time seeing the castle in IV.

Agent Zero wrote:1 An evil moth
2 Two bloody severed pig heads
3 Two hermaphrodites fighting
4 A demon skin displayed on the floor
5 An evil moth
6 The sword of truth splitting a demon in half
7 Two girls dancing
8 Two chamelians being drawn to a demon
9 A dragon being split in half by the seeker
10 Demons fighting to be on top of humanity

I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia.

I take it you have a thing for/against Demons and evil critters?

13243546 wrote:I thought I already answered this one, of course I can not be sure I have as much imagination as you would like but here goes.

10. Fireworks display

-- That's a good one! Why didn't I think of that?

Vandel wrote:plate I - two flying pigs carrying a beetle.
plate II - two whole chickens prepared for cooking, the red being remnant blood from the preparation... I had pondered basting sauce, but my first impression was blood. so I'll go with that.
plate III - inverted x-ray of a pelvic cavity.
plate IV - dissection of a female reproductive system.
plate V - moon moth in flight
plate VI - stingray
plate VII - pygmies with headdress playing see-saw
plate VIII - human aura/etheric field
plate IX - Nebula
plate X - underwater life around a reef

I would have frustated the test taker. It took me the better part of an hour to get these out. I have Asperger's with OCD and Gifted Intelligence. This was really hard for me, because I was not satisfied with my answer's until it equated with complete use of the entire blot.

I take it you have an interest/study in the sciences? :wink:

sanity wrote:Plate I = A bat.
Plate II = Two pigs kissing.
Plate III = A red butterfly and two people holding on to an alien head.
Plate IV = The devil.
Plate V = Another bat.
Plate VI = Animal skin/fur that has been opened to lay flat.
Plate VII = Two tweetie birds standing on a very large butterfly.
Plate VIII = Two wolves touching a bat while there feet are near the butterfly.
Plate IX = Two searhorses standing on top of two blue pigs which are on top of baby pink pigs lying on their backs.
Plate X = Blue octopuses, gray rats, pink seahorses, little yellow seahorses, yellow birds, green worms, little blue dolphins, really weird fat brown insects, and orange butterflies.

I noticed that I saw a lot of animals in these images.

You're not the only one. And I did see the people hanging on the alien head too.

keylimepie wrote:1- two angels in the woods facing each other, dancing
2-Some sort of bearded skull
3- first thing I saw was some freaky bug face, then a squashed bug.
4-A demon face
5-a moth
6- chinese dragon
7-top looks like human faces looking at each other, followed by a set of monkey faces, then gorilla faces.
8- large cats or rats climbing up a womans back.
9- some sort of evil animal face with antlers.
10- the blue are monsters. the grey at top is like beetles crawling up a wall. the yellow in the middle looks liek boots, the rest look like nonsense to me.

No clue what is up with me yet.

You focused on the white space quite a bit.

SmileXx wrote:Plate VI- The front of a pirate ship.

Wow, that's great. How long did it take you to see that one?
Constructive criticism is the key to reaching perfection. Do not let it bring you down.
MarkY
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 am

Postby SmileXx » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:06 pm

MarkY wrote:
SmileXx wrote:Plate VI- The front of a pirate ship.

Wow, that's great. How long did it take you to see that one?

It was instant. It's just what I see.
crimsonandclover wrote:Sometimes the greatest source is from within. And accepting whats in there.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Crayz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:00 am

I see almost nothing in these images, just pointless blobs.
Crayz
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:19 am

Postby SmileXx » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Means that the logical part of your brain is dominant.
I'd wager you're not artistically inclined either.
Or, if you are, it would be strictly in a "I can see this so I can draw it" kind of way.

I'm far based outside of reality I see tons of things.
The more I look the more I see.
It's neat, really.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MarkY » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Crayz wrote:I see almost nothing in these images, just pointless blobs.

Lol. The images aren't supposed to be any specific type of art or anything at all. You're supposed to stare at one and give the images some semblance of what you think they should be (albeit poorly drawn) like a picture was speared or water dumped on the paint.

The idea is to determine if someone is drawn to any particular obsession or abnormal state of mind.

Take Plate V for example. The blobs that extend outwards left and right resemble wings, and the points and glob at the top in the center looks like a head with antennae, with the bottom of the center looks like legs or something. Hence to me, I see what resembles a butterfly. Others tend to focus on the left and right portions and see open mouths to two crocodiles or something looking downward.

Some are harder to determine than others, but there's no right or wrong answer. Like I said, they're not supposed to be anything in particular.

Like using smilies in texts. Putting a colon ( :) with the capital letter d ( D ) you put them together and it looks likes two eyes and a wide grin, or a right parentheses looks like a smiley face, and with a right looks like a sad face. Rorschach images are the same thing just more complex.
Constructive criticism is the key to reaching perfection. Do not let it bring you down.
MarkY
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby MarkY » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Crayz wrote:I see almost nothing in these images, just pointless blobs.

Lol. The images aren't supposed to be any specific type of art or anything at all. You're supposed to stare at one and give the images some semblance of what you think they should be (albeit poorly drawn) like a picture was speared or water dumped on the paint.

The idea is to determine if someone is drawn to any particular obsession or abnormal state of mind.

Take Plate V for example. The blobs that extend outwards left and right resemble wings, and the points and glob at the top in the center looks like a head with antennae, with the bottom of the center looks like legs or something. Hence to me, I see what resembles a butterfly. Others tend to focus on the left and right portions and see open mouths to two crocodiles or something looking downward.

Some are harder to determine than others, but there's no right or wrong answer. Like I said, they're not supposed to be anything in particular.

Like using smilies in texts. Putting a colon ( : ) with the capital letter d ( D ) you put them together and it looks likes two eyes and a wide grin, or a right parentheses looks like a smiley face, and with a right looks like a sad face. Rorschach images are the same thing just more complex.
MarkY
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby SmileXx » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:53 pm

I love abstract tests.

Carl Jung used to do one where you took the major arcana of the tarot and went through to pick out cards to represent you, your mother, this and that...
I like that test too... It's neat.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Surveys & Studies