Our partner

i need help on creating a research survey & getting results

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

i need help on creating a research survey & getting results

Postby user03 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:10 pm

I've been having a very difficult time trying to go about creating a research survey so that i can get participants and get publish the results eventually. this idea came into my mind more certainly in the last two years or so, although it was something i would have wanted to get done even earlier because I've put myself out there in so many clinical populations ( mental health groups in person ) and experiences in a variety of contexts, online, etc, that i would have had a lot of detailed valuable information in the study so far.

So to be clear, the study would be need to be targeting clinical populations only, and of course, i am part of the clinical population myself. some information about me is that i am not part of any committee or organization, or enrolled at any college or university classes, nor would i be doing or should do so, i am not a functional emotionally stable person, i have my mental illness and conditions that really affect my life and everyday i struggle to barely exist and have to force myself to find a way into these obstacles such as trying to do a research study with the limited resources and capacity i have which would already be difficult for any person, regardless of whether they are mentally ill or not.

i am avoiding those peer reviewed journals and i find them dumb and irrelevant. i would want my study to be as publicly view able / accessible as possible, both for the survey taking portion and the results. my recent psychologist mentioned surveymonkey, and one of my past psychologists did also, but i hit a brick wall when trying to use surveymonkey a while back, i think it may had to do with because i wasn't in any organization and i was just trying to do it as a individual without any affiliation with anything and so i was able to put it into some sort of draft but it never became accessible, but i also read that surveymonkey, at least from the post below may not exactly be the most appropriate for something more sensitive and detailed as the study i am trying to do.

due to my conditions and own capacity / limitations and problems, i am not able to just go do certain types that typical people would or could do. although to me, the problem is more of that i really need a clear projected path, and with this whole research thing, it's way too broad and at least it's been thrown at me by others in a overly broad way when all i'm trying to get answers to shouldn't, and i don't consider this only a problem of my own, it would be difficult and overwhelming for anyone, whether they are considered "healthy, normal, or typical people" :roll:

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Does_ ... _responses
user03
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: i need help on creating a research survey & getting results

Postby Snaga » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:51 am

I would not know, however, in the context of PF, remember that all studies/surveys would have to be approved, using the procedure outlined in the sticky at the top of this forum, thanks.

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 12:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Surveys & Studies

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post