Our partner

Whats your MBTI type and diagnosis

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

Whats your MBTI type and diagnosis

Postby user03 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:59 am

im not sure if i was allowed to post this or not, but whatever, some one said to post a survey so now i did by remaking a thread to the similar one i previously posted. it may not exactly the big study or survey i wanted to do per say, but hopefully i can have it kept and get people's feedback and results,

being that many ( if not the majority ) of people apparently on psychforums seem to self diagnose themselves anyways :roll: , and it being hard to get the "real" study done in the first place, i thought of getting a "simple" survey done first to see what kind of people are here and the results i get, hopefully it may add to stereotypes i've been seeing pretty much everywhere online, even in person, but hopefully it will also help in other ways :roll: .

you could add other information like enneagram type too if you want, being that both the MBTI and enneagram can be self assessed without being truly accurate, i thought it would be interesting to see results nevertheless, so i will ask if people can state whether they are self diagnosed for their diagnosis AND for the MBTI and enneagram portion self assessed part, try to be honest as possible, dont give me more than one MBTI or enneagram type and say, well i relate to this type but also relate to this as well, choose one for each you relate to the MOST.

for diagnosis of course, you can give your professional diagnosis(s), AND you can give any other conditions that you relate to that you weren't necessarily diagnosed with, for example, if you were diagnosed with major depression but also relate to OCD but never were diagnosed with OCD, its ok to specify that.
user03
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Whats your MBTI type and diagnosis

Postby emkat » Thu May 11, 2017 7:51 pm

I like this and I hope you get a lot of answers <3

I'm diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder (BPD) and AD(H)D, tho I'm personally not really sure if the AD(H)D was falsely diagnosed in a rush... I got both papers at the same time from the same doctor. I originally seeked professional help for what I thought was ADHD bc I had had attention and impulsivity problems since childhood and thought my depression and anxiety might be caused by that. Aaand BPD symptoms include many of other mental illnesses, including ADHD. I also have strong symptoms of social anxiety (maybe even AvPD), but BPD also includes those and haven't been diagnosed by a doctor.

With my unstable self-image it is hard to answer personality polls with realistic, consistent answers, but I would say most times (and most recently, and being sober) I've gotten INFP. This is not a doctor's diagnose, does it need to be? I don't know if they do these...

So: BPD, AD(H)D, INFP :mrgreen:
emkat
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Postby lonelydaydream » Fri May 12, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm an ISFJ ("Guardian-Defender" - Introverted, Sensing, Feeling & Judging).

I have various diagnoses - anxiety, depression, PTSD, AvPD and dysthymia.

Seems fairly accurate!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." Mother Juliana of Norwich, 15th century.
lonelydaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby illumination » Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 am

I'm an INFJ.

Diagnosed with BPD, Bipolar II, GAD, and MDD.

Best of luck with this.
Hope you get a lot of replies.
illumination
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Postby user03 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:59 pm

illumination wrote:I'm an INFJ.

Diagnosed with BPD, Bipolar II, GAD, and MDD.

Best of luck with this.
Hope you get a lot of replies.

thanks for the info, but bipolar ii and mdd? is it possible for one to separately suffer from both the manic depressive side of bipolar + major depressive disorder? also you mentioned bpd, which im assuming would be borderline personality disorder which can get confused with bipolar disorders, although it does appear that it can be commorbid with bipolar disorder, so you are saying you got diagnosed with ALL of these, including GAD ( generalized anxiety disorder ) by your psychologist or professionals?

i mean, there were also two people i encountered in real life that were diagnosed with bipolar disorder but also said they have schizoid personality disorder as well, of course, there was no proof that they were actually professionally diagnosed as such, being that for schizoid pd for example, mentions does not occur during the course of a mood disorder such as bipolar disorder :roll: . im only going with the DSM view and research, even then, its unlikely they had schizoid pd anyways, they did fit the typical stereotypes, one was an INTJ and the other was an INFJ :roll: .
Last edited by user03 on Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
user03
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby user03 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm

emkat wrote:I like this and I hope you get a lot of answers <3

I'm diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder (BPD) and AD(H)D, tho I'm personally not really sure if the AD(H)D was falsely diagnosed in a rush... I got both papers at the same time from the same doctor. I originally seeked professional help for what I thought was ADHD bc I had had attention and impulsivity problems since childhood and thought my depression and anxiety might be caused by that. Aaand BPD symptoms include many of other mental illnesses, including ADHD. I also have strong symptoms of social anxiety (maybe even AvPD), but BPD also includes those and haven't been diagnosed by a doctor.

With my unstable self-image it is hard to answer personality polls with realistic, consistent answers, but I would say most times (and most recently, and being sober) I've gotten INFP. This is not a doctor's diagnose, does it need to be? I don't know if they do these...

So: BPD, AD(H)D, INFP :mrgreen:

no, MBTI isn't something a doctor or professional can really specifically "diagnose", that's why i mentioned that it is up to the person to truthfully know their mind "functions" and what exactly the MBTI is measuring and thus make the best educated guess and understanding of what type they are based on that which you have done and thank you for that

as a side note, i have met many INFP's in the mental health community / support groups, and in fact, they were the most common for borderline personality disorder, and yes, i had asked on and off from various people on their MBTI type and they had said INFP, so im not making this up.

in general, most people i've seen actually were intuitive or perceiving types in the MBTI, although it isn't too surprising because it goes with the "stereotypes" i've also seen online of what conditions fit what MBTI type. i would have thought there would be more sensing types overall but nope.

btw, thanks for sharing.
user03
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby user03 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 pm

lonelydaydream wrote:I'm an ISFJ ("Guardian-Defender" - Introverted, Sensing, Feeling & Judging).

I have various diagnoses - anxiety, depression, PTSD, AvPD and dysthymia.

Seems fairly accurate!

have you ever tried group therapy / support groups? i've never met anyone with AvPD in groups, but i have met MANY people with borderline personality disorder, and all of them were women ( not in discrimination of women ), just implying that what i've seen so far has mostly been of stereotypes. in fact, the only people with any personality disorder i've seen were BPD, the two other "schizoid" people i had mentioned don't count since they were essentially self diagnosing ( in my honest humble opinion ).

mental health is really confusing, some sources say people with PD's rarely seek treatment and other sources say they seek mental health services MUCH more than people without PD's which i relate highly to the latter, but at the same time, it doesn't make sense because i was like the only person with a pd that had showed up several days for several years consistently in various different groups and didn't see anyone else with a PD except occasionally some of the female BPD people.
user03
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby rainbow_sprinkles » Tue May 23, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm an INFJ with borderline personality disorder and major depressive disorder.
rainbow_sprinkles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Holodeck » Tue May 23, 2017 7:25 pm

I've been diagnosed with, pure OCD, selective mutism (I go quiet for long periods after a trauma or something that reminds me of one), schizoid personality disorder, and ADHD. Also I was diagnosed with bipolar II but after learning I misunderstood what was asked, it seems I may in fact have bipolar I instead. I also dissociate practically 24/7 and have PTSD out the wazoo.

I've taken the test a number of times and based it the last so many months or so. I've never had a doctor give me the test, but my psychologist asked me once if I ever had taken it, and after telling her the results she said it seemed about right. After taking it this time, it was ENFJ. It's always about 50/50 for me in regards to introverted or extroverted, so sometimes I'm INFJ but usually it's slightly more extroverted.

Summary of my long grocery list:
Pure OCD
Selective mutism
Schizoid PD
ADHD
Bipolar I
PTSD
Dissociative
ENFJ/INFJ
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:07 am

Postby vzp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 am

MBTI INTJ
Diagnosis:
One doctor: Borderline PD
Another doctor: Schizophrenia
Another doctor: Autism, Asperger's
Another doctor: Bipolar PD

If you ask me, the most accurate one is Borderline PD and I definitely showed signs of Autism and Asperger's as a young person (child).

I believe I still suffer from all these three. I am highly functioning, which is actually a misleading appearance, because my disease(s) are masked by a high level of intellect. Not surprisingly, my doctor put me on disability pension because I didn't do a good job at work, and kept getting fired, and I can't stand any job after 3-5 months into starting one. I have been taking neuroleptics forever, it seems, and they have seemed to have helped. But mostly my recovery is due to observing human nature, learning from it, and applying the learnt things -- typical Asperger's strategy.

Never had schizophrenic symptoms that are "added" symptoms, only the take-away symptoms after my first break down at 20, and my take-away symptoms were classic, and very accented.
vzp
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Next

Return to Surveys & Studies

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post