Our partner

Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Study

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Study

Postby ritageorge » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:36 am

What is your Sexual Orientation?
What Gender do you identify with?

Deakin University researchers would like to learn about how people without Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and with ASC experience their sexuality and come to understand their sexual orientation, whether it be heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, questioning or pansexuality.
All are welcome.
You do not need a diagnosis of ASC to participate. Both Typically-developing persons and those on the ASC spectrum are most welcome :)

Please help us understand better and raise awareness of, and respect for the sexualities and gender-identities of people on the spectrum. We eventually hope to use this information to design more effective sex-education programs.

Check out this study by clicking on the link below. It should take about 20 minutes to complete.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/res ... ita_george

Help us understand better! We thank you for your time and consideration.

Rita George.
rita.george@deakin.edu.au
ritageorge
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Study

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:24 am

I personally believe that this kind of stuff is taught in households, and will not be taught in schools. If the parents of a child are bigots and hate homosexuals, then more than likely, the child will hate them, too. I don't see the point of doing this... But... if you give me a reason, I might.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:03 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby ritageorge » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 am

Thank you for your interest, Tyler 77.
It is hoped that through this study, we firstly ascertain the prevalence rates of sexual orientations within the Autism Community.
Secondly, we hope to understand how individuals with Autism experience their sexuality, so we can offer them the support needed, raise awareness and develop sex-education programs to help.

Kind regards,
ritageorge
ritageorge
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Postby zwag » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Does anyone on hre know of a father & son or brothers that were sexually attarcte to each other, and may have even acted on those feelings becasue they both watned to, adn got delivered, and what they did because of that i.e. quit smoochign ect.
zwag
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SpeckledUnicorn » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:45 am

Well I did it for fun. I'm not on the autism spectrum I don't think but I have some things in common with them to a degree so. You did say that people outside of the spectrum could fill out the survey.
SpeckledUnicorn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Postby vishva » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Expect loads of people from Sri Lanka, for I shared this with a Facebook group of LGBT Straight alliance in Sri Lanka.

When you call about a spectrum, I think everyone is inclusive, including those who do not fall in to that category.

I'm straight, mostly. |I only feel romantic towards some men, rarely. It is 1/10 compared to that sexual attraction towards woman. I have kissed another man only twice or thrice. Can't even imagine anything beyond that. So I guess that is only romantic, non-sexual.
vishva
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:33 am

Postby hyraxes » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 am

In my case, I feel I always was and will be whatever abstract parameter of sexuality that is innate to me. My earliest memory of being attracted to other men was when I was looking for britches as a four year old (my mom always let me pick my favorite pattern,) and I vented too far, ending up standing in the middle of the men's undergarment section.

As soon as I saw the cover photos of men's fit torsos close up, I felt an instant attraction and have been fantasizing about men (and later on, actually doing more than just that with men) ever since. I never had a problem with being a man myself, but overtime, I came to realize that even as a gay male, I didn't meet the standards of being a man. It also doesn't feel right when I attempt to think of myself as a woman. I believe I am outside the gender binary and am gender queer.
hyraxes
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Postby TameQueen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:13 am

It says page not found.
DX: Nihilist
TameQueen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6