Our partner

I need your story!

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

I need your story!

Postby bellaireland » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:32 pm

I am the wife of a sociopath for nearly 24 years now. The road has not always been easy, in fact it's become very hard as of lately, more and more abuse is taking place both emotional and physical. I am writing a book about my life with him revealing all the deep dark secrets I've kept inside and hid well all these years. I want to educate people in an in-depth way about what they are getting into when entering into a relationship with a sociopath and give them information on preventative measures they can take to be sure they don't enter into one when they see the signs.

I am dedicating the last chapter of the book to short stories from individuals around the world about how a sociopath or psychopath has affected their life and I am in need of submissions. I am using the profits from this book to start my own new life away from the abuse, so please help if you can. Plus your story will get to be in a book! Anyone sending submissions will get a free copy of the book once it's done and you can change names, locations etc. for privacy. If you can or are willing to send your story to be included in my book please also try to include any tips you may have for the readers to spot a sociopath and/or tips for leaving and healing.

Please email me your story today at bella.ireland@lifewithasociopath.net or respond to this post.

Turn your pain and suffering into something constructive and allow it to help others! Thank you!
bellaireland
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I need your story!

Postby mourir » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:45 pm

my heart goes out to u....i wish i could have a story to contribute too, but i don't.
i do have other experiences....hugs.....
looking forward to the book!
like u, i also write stuff out....writing lyrics, trying to make a game, trying to vent the frustration...thinking of singing or acting....doing something constructive with the pent up frustration.....
mourir
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby bellaireland » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you for your kind reply. I have written two other books and now decided I needed to get this out so am working on this one I will add a link here (if I'm allowed) to the book when it's done.
bellaireland
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 am

I'm not a socio/psychopath, and the only trait of it that I have is the egocentric stuff, which has been kind of thrown off to the side by my doctors (with good reason too). I do have a form of schizophrenia though, and if you would like my story, for the sake of having the story of someone who is considered to be severely mentally ill (I believe my one doctor told me that, but it wouldn't be the first time I thought my doctor told me something and didn't), I will gladly let you in on my life. Part of my specific illness is severe paranoia, and I hold my laptop closer to me than almost anything, so I won't click that link, just in case it's not safe. You don't need to send me a copy of your book, or pay me, or anything like that. I'd just be happy to raise awareness for mental illness. I've been abused by two people, who were a couple, because I was mentally ill. Of course these people were online, hiding behind a keyboard, so I really couldn't do anything, and I should be thankful for that. That was before I found a working medicine for my homicidal anger, and I probably would have done something I would have regretted. But yes, let me digress, I would be very willing to go into great detail about my story for your book, just to raise awareness for the mentally ill. Mental health has come a long way in these past decades, but it still has a very long road to go down.

I'd also like to wish you the best.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby bellaireland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 am

Yes I'd love to include your story, can you email it to me at bella.ireland@lifewithasociopath.net
I appreciate your openness, good wishes and I'm sorry for your hard times!
Bella
bellaireland
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:57 am

No, sorry, I don't trust random people with my email. Again, it's my paranoia, but like I said, I will be willing to post it here.
Email me if you want a doughnut
Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby bellaireland » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:40 am

Ok that's no problem. I understand. I'll get it here.
bellaireland
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby TheComedianDreamer » Mon May 12, 2014 5:22 am

Sorry, I don't have a story for you. But I would like to ask you a question, if that's alright. Don't feel obligated to answer, though. I realize it's a rather personal question. Why did you choose to stay married to him? Please don't think I'm being judgemental of you or him. I really don't know anything about sociopaths, so I don't judge them or the people around them. I'm really sorry about what he did to you. Love is respect, not abuse. I'm not saying that abusive people can't love their victims, but if they do love them, they'll have remorse and at least do all that they can to stop the abuse. But maybe he did try. I don't know him, so I won't say that he did or that he didn't. Once the book is finished, you should post the title somewhere on this website so people will buy it. I would probably buy it.
TheComedianDreamer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby bbanner » Mon May 12, 2014 11:34 am

Should the person in question be diagnozed? I could share a story of my grandmother, who is most probably a psychopath. Me and my mother (her daughter-in-law) admired her for years because she appears so cool, she never gets hurt despite everything she's been through etc. However, in the last year we did some research about her past life and found out a lot of stuff that made us (my father also) pretty sure that she's a psychopath.
bbanner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Postby bellaireland » Mon May 12, 2014 5:24 pm

ComedianDreamer I have stayed with him because I'm in love with the good side of him, that side of him is an amazing person that anyone would adore! The dark side is bad enough to warrant leaving and I logically recognize that but I don't have a logical reason for staying when that side comes out. All logic disappears when you're under the spell of a psychopath/sociopath. I really believe they are the same.

bbanner please to share your story, they don't have to be diagnosed, many never are but we know them, we can see through them, what they really are.

Bella
bellaireland
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Surveys & Studies