Our partner

What factors contribute to Borderline Personality Disorder?

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

What factors contribute to Borderline Personality Disorder?

Postby brutley1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:50 pm

If you have received a Borderline Personality Diagnosis, you may be able to help contribute to narrowing down the factors that contribute to the disorder! I also need control participants, so anyone can help.
If you can spare only 15 minutes of your time to help out with my study please follow the link below. All details will be given about the study and all data will be kept confidential and will not be associated to you. The study has been approved by The University of South Wales School of Psychology ethics board.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZKWQYP2
brutley1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What factors contribute to Borderline Personality Disord

Postby Chant2012 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Did it.
Chantel

Dx: (Some unofficial)
*ADHD: age 9
*Major Depressive Disorder: age 19
*C-PTSD: age 21
*Personality Disorder NOS: age 22
*Anorexia Nervosa: age 22
*Fibromyalgia: age 24
*DID/DDNOS: age 24 (waiting on official diagnosis)

MY STORY post1430557.html#p1430557
Chant2012
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:41 pm

Postby Kashellia » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 am

I have completed the survey. I hope you get all the answers you are seeking :)
Kashellia
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:41 pm

Postby Rigning » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 pm

I was going to, until I came to this step "4. DERS". I could only answer 9 out of 36 questions. The other 27 questions didn't make any sense. What feelings are we talking about here? Feelings to what? Feelings about what? Feelings when? Feelings how? Feelings why? Do I feel confused, do I feel out of control, do I feel this or that, when I'm upset, or when I'm happy, or this or that, or that or this, what kind of upset are we talking about, upset as in angry, upset as in crying, upset as in apathy, upset as in digging my head in work or fantasy or creativity (escapism), upset as in catatonic, what are the circumstances, did my girlfriend break up with me, did I lose a bag of money that I had plans to use, did I win at something, am I struggling to get something done, is it an intellectual or an emotional struggle, is it just another ordinary day, did I smell an odd smell, I don't know... SPECIFY. I can't answer questions like that. You could might as well ask "Did Bob blow soap bubbles?" 36 times. Who is Bob? What soap bubbles? When I was supposed to see A Bob do this? Do I even know anyone named Bob? "But, what did you feel when Bob blew soap bubbles?" What? I already told you. Start with "Have you seen anyone named Bob blow soap bubbles?" and maybe I'll answer "Probably," or "Unlikely," or my preferred answer: "I DON'T KNOW."

So yeah, I'm not completing that survey. Unless you want completely bogus/random/whatever results. Good luck, though.
Rigning
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:41 am

Return to Surveys & Studies

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post