Our partner

How to get my $#%^ together!

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: NewSunRising, Wally58

How to get my $#%^ together!

Postby Decorator75 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:32 am

Hello

Probably some kind of stupid question cause its all on me but need some help or tips. Situation is like this. I separated in april 2018. Have 2 small boys. So separation was rough and was not smooth sailing and definitely left some mark. I kind of have a little of addictive personality and some self esteem issues. First months was great I was enjoying free time but now the blues started to kick in. I began drinking more, sometimes just sitting by myself downing 3 beers. I smoke too much. I look like $#%^ tired and my motivation and will is going down extremely. Dont know if I am really depressed but definitely feeling down. The problem is I cant get out of the mud. I just feel that constant craving for tobaco and alcohol and all other things dont make sense to me. I started seeing also a new girl and she is 30 miles away. We see each other on weekends. I dont know what my feelings are for her and if I want this or not. Thanks
Decorator75
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to get my $#%^ together!

Postby Decorator75 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 am

Hm 100000 members, 100 views and no one has anything to say. Whats the purpose of this board again. So nothing new at all. Its every man by himself as usual.
Decorator75
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 am

Re: How to get my $#%^ together!

Postby Wally58 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Have you spoke with a social worker, counselor or doctor? An increased use of alcohol and tobacco might seem to help with stress levels, but it can harm you as well. It can prevent us from dealing with life things that really need to be dealt with while thinking straight.
I quit alcohol and tobacco both at the same time because I always used them both together. An AA meeting may be a good place to unload some of the pain. There are church groups, PTA and other fellowship groups that welcome new members with something to offer.
I only got my S#%^ together after it hurt bad enough to really want to.
You don't have to do this alone and it usually helps to do this with others who are going through the same issues.
Best of luck to you. :D
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Return to Substance Abuse Disorders Forum