Our partner

Mile stone of sorts

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: NewSunRising, Wally58

Mile stone of sorts

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Today I am 8 months clean from my DOC. Today also marks the day that I overdosed which led to being sectioned in a lock down facility.

Someone in my fellowship who was in the same lock down facility mentioned how different I am today to what I was. I initially rejected what he said because I still feel like the same POS that I was when I was locked in. Looking back though, I am currently able to do things that I never thought I would be capable of.

I am moving on towards step four, the step that was the very reason I felt that a twelve step programme was futile because I felt that I had no capacity to want to make amends for my actions. Today I feel fully capable of working towards making my amends.

I have come a long way from the restrained girl who was institutionalised.
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Mile stone of sorts

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:44 pm

Well deserved Congratulations on your milestone ! You have indeed come a long way and you should be proud of that . You are saving your own life - that takes strength and courage . Even in those moments when we don't feel like we have either of those things , they are there within us .

I discovered many things about myself on my recovery journey , some good and some that needed fixing . My life isn't always easy now but it's far better than it was with an addiction on top of everything else . We all deserve to have a good and decent life .

Thank you for sharing your story with us . May it inspire hope in those who come here seeking it .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mile stone of sorts

Postby shony » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:29 am

Good for you, some people never get well from there addictions. Keep going you will only reap the benefits.
shony
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:26 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Substance Abuse Disorders Forum