Our partner

teenager and drinking

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: NewSunRising, Wally58

teenager and drinking

Postby mercyrez11 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:16 am

you guys might think this is weird so please dont judge. i am a teenager who uses drinking to numb my feeling i have a history with selfharm and have recently moved on to drinking my dad and grandad are both alchoholics so getting alchhol isnt hard. i drink almost every night and wondering when i should be concerned that its getting out of hand?
mercyrez11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: teenager and drinking

Postby NewSunRising » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Welcome Mercyrez11 ,

I have sent you a PM ( private message ) . Please check you inbox .

I think you know that drinking at this age will do nothing good for you or your health . Are you getting any help professionally for your self-harm ? I think that would help you tremendously .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Re: teenager and drinking

Postby Wally58 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:01 pm

My story: I began drinking as a teenager. At first alcohol was my best friend, but then turned into my worst enemy. Maybe it was my enemy from the very beginning, but I liked the way it made me feel.
I know that I had to find that fact out for myself as some people around me were warning me about drinking too much. I kept thinking that it happened to other people and I would make sure that it wouldn't happen to me, but it did and I became an alcoholic.
I drank for 15 years, mostly every day. In the end, I drank alone. I was no longer invited to parties because I was a drunk. Then I found out how hard it was to stop.
I have now been sober for 27 years through God's grace and AA and don't ever want to go back to what I was.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 am

Return to Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post