Our partner

I need someone to talk to, my husband is addicted

Substance Abuse Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: NewSunRising, Wally58

I need someone to talk to, my husband is addicted

Postby ShadesOfTheMoon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:07 am

My husband is addicted to pot and I know that so many people in modern culture consider that to be nothing, but my husband actually becomes physically abusive to me when he does it and then goes 2-3 days without. He is a liar and is never honest. We have been together for 8 years and have two kids together. We are also on housing. If my husband gets caught with it, we will lose our home and it will leave my kids homeless. I'm so tired of hearing to just let him do whatever he will do, because there is so much at stake her because of that. Also, in the state I live in, we have the potential to lose our children to the system if he gets caught with it. Getting caught is always only a matter of time. He is very sneaky, angry, and addicted. I do not know what else to do. He lost his job recently and there is no money for a divorce. I just hate him so much for only caring about his own needs at the expense of the people around him. He spends diaper money on getting high and leaves me to have to figure things out. This is a terrible addiction for my family because there are so many negative affects. I do not know what to do and I have no one to talk to about this. Please help.
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 am
Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: I need someone to talk to, my husband is addicted

Postby NewSunRising » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Welcome Shadesofthemoon ,

I am so sorry you are going through this . Please find someone to talk to - there must be a women's shelter in your town . He is endangering you and your children with his behavior . They may have resources that you can take advantage of . You do not deserve to be physically abused .

If you can find a safe place for your money , please do so - whether it is with a friend or family member , of just a secret bank account . If you cannot do that , see if you can purchase grocery store gift cards that cannot be redeemed for cash .

I urge you to find someone in you life who can advise you . Reach out to any and all city / government resources in your area . I wish you the best .
User avatar
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:44 am
Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Substance Abuse Disorders Forum

  • Related articles
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests