Our partner

Do I have a stuttering problem?

Stuttering message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Do I have a stuttering problem?

Postby FTMIsaacs » Mon May 06, 2013 1:40 pm

I have been told all my life that I have a speaking problem. I went to speech therapy as a child where I had to be taught how to say my s's also I say "um" a lot, I notice it even myself and it pisses me off, because I hear others doing it too, and it sounds horrible. but I used to do it just out of habit and barely notice it. Now it just seems to be something I throw in automatically when I lose track of a conversation or I suddenly forget what I was saying? it's not like I drag out my b's or anything I just automatically insert that stupid word and I can't keep myself from doing it either.
DID, Borderline personality disorder, Gender Identity Disorder, PTSD. These are the hurdles in my life, watch me jump them.

Isaacs -Core
Peter - Helpmate
David - Teenager
Samuel - Parental
Amanda - Older Child

some still running around in shadows, and others have not identified with names yet.
FTMIsaacs
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do I have a stuttering problem?

Postby fiftysix » Mon May 06, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't know if you have a stuttering problem but i would think going back to a speech therapist would be a good idea. As an adult it might be somewhat easier because you can understand intellectually what they are telling you and that may help.
fiftysix
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Stuttering Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post