Our partner

If anyone can help Ill love you forever!!

Stuttering message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

If anyone can help Ill love you forever!!

Postby buster33 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Hey guys, Im new here so Hi first of all!

Ok heres the thing. Until about 2 years ago I had never stuttered in my life at all. I started getting this thing where when I was really tired after a heavy night maybe or something, my tongue started jumping out of my mouth on certain words. It slowly got worse until one night about 2 years ago, I literally couldn't speak without it happening, later that night, I was trying to get a word out and my tongue kind of curled to the side, it was like cramp. It was so painful it felt like my jaw was moving slowly away from my face. very scary. after about 10 seconds of it I passed out and apparently had a huge fit. I came to in an ambulance. they tested for a few things and found nothing.

It has happened one other time, I was stuttering a bit and without warning my tongue flipped over again. this was about a year ago-ish, I recognized it this time, I passed out and fitted again. Quite often when Im about to go to sleep, I go into sleep paralysis, I have been lying there and can feel my tongue curling, I have managed to wake myself up by going 'NO NO NO' in my head. the whole thig is really scary.

Now my stutter has come into daily life, even when Im well rested. I have to think the line Im going to say before saying it, or it may not come out. even as Im thinking to type here my tngue is jumping when I think certain words. When I stutter its louder than my talking volume, and I kind of go 'blugh'! so embarrassing, I get strange looks.

I tried bananas on bad days for the potassium to help with cramps and they have really worked, but are now not working so well. I work in a call centre, its a nightmare!! worth noting that I was on venalafaxine medication for depression when it started which I have come off about 3 months ago.

Whats going on! anyone else had a similar experience or am I a new case of something savage?!!

many thanks for reading guys :)
buster33
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: If anyone can help Ill love you forever!!

Postby atchley » Sat May 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Dear Buster33,

I have been a speech-language pathologist specializing in helping individuals who stutter for the past 18 years. I realize your post here is old, but I am hoping you or someone else reading the post can benefit from the information presented. If you are stuttering and need some help, you should schedule an evaluation with a speech-language pathologist who specializes in helping people who stutter. Here is a link to find someone in your area in the U.S. www. stutteringhelp. org /therapy-referrals

If you did not stutter as a child, your speech problem may stem from a psychogenic origin, an underlying disease, or a stroke. Have you worked with a physician to rule out a seizure disorder?

All My Best
John Atchley, MA, CCC-SLP
Certified and Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist
http://StutteringPros.com
atchley
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Stuttering Forum