Our partner

Potential Stuttering Cure

Stuttering message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Potential Stuttering Cure

Postby sharma6637 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey guys, I've been stuttering for as long as I can remember like many of you and I know how much of a disability it is. I've done lots of experimentation throughout my life to find the cure for stuttering and have recently discovered something that improved my speech. I am fairly certain the problem of stuttering resides in the throat. A stutterer's throat is simply smaller than a non-stutterer and thus the tongue gets stuck when it tries to produce words.

The method I use is Om Chanting. For information on how to perform it, please watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46QziwaLaYY

Skip to 3:00 for the actual instruction. By performing this a stutterer will feel lots of tension and blocks at first in his/her throat and a non-stutterer will feel no tension. Eventually the stutterer's tension/blocks will become less and the speech will improve.

If you have any questions please ask.
sharma6637
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Potential Stuttering Cure

Postby singhabhishek251 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 am

Chanting of OM is a perfect way for everyone as it is said that we are using all our organs inside mouth to chant the word OM so it is helpful.
singhabhishek251
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby crimsonshore » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 am

my son stutters...I'll try this with him. thanks for posting!
crimsonshore
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 am

Postby bipolarbirdie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 am

sharma6637 wrote:Hey guys, I've been stuttering for as long as I can remember like many of you and I know how much of a disability it is. I've done lots of experimentation throughout my life to find the cure for stuttering and have recently discovered something that improved my speech. I am fairly certain the problem of stuttering resides in the throat. A stutterer's throat is simply smaller than a non-stutterer and thus the tongue gets stuck when it tries to produce words.

The method I use is Om Chanting. For information on how to perform it, please watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46QziwaLaYY

Skip to 3:00 for the actual instruction. By performing this a stutterer will feel lots of tension and blocks at first in his/her throat and a non-stutterer will feel no tension. Eventually the stutterer's tension/blocks will become less and the speech will improve.

If you have any questions please ask.

No you're wrong. Stutterers larynxes come in all shapes and sizes. Laryngeal size is often related to the pitch of the voice, the vocal chords are longer and as such make a deeper sound. - ask yourself, are stutterers typically high pitched? Actually more men than women stutter and women have smaller larynxes in general. You don't have to be a genius to work this out. Men's larynxes are larger which is why they have an adam's apple.

The person writing this is taking a very simplistic view of the speech mechanism and it's control. Stuttering is a physical thing, yes, but it involves the entire neuromotor system of the entire speech mechanism, which includes respiratory muscles, larynx, pharynx, soft palate, tongue and much more. Speech therapists study for four years for a reason.

The potential benefits of chanting are - a reduction in anxiety, a (false) sense of hope of cure, the experience of fluency through singing-like practice. You will not be cured, maybe experience a short term boost of confidence.

Unfortunately there is no cure and it is hard work to maintain fluency if you do achieve it.

Don't fall for these sorts of hoaxes which offer false hope.
bipolarbirdie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 am

Postby serpand » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:48 am

I stuttered all my life, not constantly, occasionally. When I am in a Zen mood, I don't stutter. I do so when I'm depressed or euphoric. So if you consider that there is a negative sad pole and a positive happy pole and that we shift between the two, stuttering occurs when you are deep into the negative or positive pole.
serpand
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Return to Stuttering Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post