Our partner

Not feeling "like myself" after stalking.

Open Discussions About Stalking and Harassment.

Not feeling "like myself" after stalking.

Postby MOLLZ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:24 pm

I was issued an injunction for protection (restraining order) and have not recently been bothered by my stalked. I am so glad that this is over, but I have been dealing with feelings of anxiety, paranoia and maybe occasional mild depression?

When I have talked to friends, family or my boyfriend they have all been so interested in the dramatic events and details, they have been caring and kind, but I feel like nobody really understands what I am going through mentally.

I thought I would be relieved after feeling anxious for so long, but I just don't feel "like myself". Shouldn't I be so happy that my life is back to normal? Does anyone have any similar experiences or advice?
MOLLZ
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Not feeling "like myself" after stalking.

Postby avatar123 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Being stalked is one of those things that, if it goes on long enough, can come to partially define your life. It can be just as absorbing for the stalked as the stalker. When it finally ends, there can be a sense of loss of immediate purpose (dealing with the stalker), while you adjust to the new reality.

So maybe when you feel this way, think about opportunities you have now that you didn't before, and then pursue them to help define your new reality and replace the old. For example if you worried before about going out and doing things, you should do them now. If you were restricted or restrained in activities before, you aren't now, so give yourself those experiences. They will help to fill in the time and attention you previously devoted to dealing with being stalked.
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Stalking and Harassment

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post