Our partner

Question about stalking incidents in Queensland Australia

Open Discussions About Stalking and Harassment.

Question about stalking incidents in Queensland Australia

Postby ausguerila » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:06 pm

I have a stalker who has found my previous 4 places of residence, replaced possessions of mine and has also placed a marriage application on a table in a bedroom I was sleeping in. I have reported all incidents to the police but nothing can be done from their end apparently. The only advice I have been given was to setup my own security cameras.

Has anyone else in Queensland Australia had a problem similar to this? If so how did the police react to your situation?
ausguerila
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Question about stalking incidents in Queensland Australia

Postby ausguerila » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am

I am still looking for any answers to this.
ausguerila
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Have you tried getting legal advice ( like , from a lawyer or legal counseling ? ) . I have no experience with a stalker but most advice I've read says document , document , document . Getting security cameras is not bad advice . It won't hurt to file a police report for every single incident , even if they can't do anything ( and don't let them try to talk you out of it ).

It would be to your advantage to have a stack of police reports and video evidence if you end up in court or need to request a restraining order / order of protection .

Many people in the same situation highly recommend the book " The Gift of Fear " . I'm sorry this is happening to you . I hope this helps a little .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Postby Stalked101 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:41 am

Hi Ausgeuerila,

I just came across this thread. I first started being stalked about 3 and s half years ago. I honestly believe if I hadn’t “disappeared” in plain sight I still would be. The legal system was of very little use and I have little faith in it. You need to do whatever you can to give you piece of mind. Change numbers/email/address/ absolutely no social media!

Good luck
Stalked101
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Stalking and Harassment

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post