Our partner

Phone terror

Open Discussions About Stalking and Harassment.

Phone terror

Postby stormbeforethecalm » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi, so the thing is I met some guy 3 years ago, he fell in love with me instantly but could never accept that I don't love him or want to be friends with him. He has been texting me ever since and trying to convince me we should be at least friends, if I didn't want a relationship. I blocked him everywhere a few days ago, like so many times before, and then it all started. I get phone calls between 50-150 times a day from an unknown caller. Today I unblocked this guy on whatsapp,because I was curious if he would text me and so he did. He started texting me by telling me I should just stop calling him so often because he doesn't want any contact. I never called him and I just know it is him, otherwise he wouldn't have told me to stop calling him. He just tries to make me uncomfortable and wants to report me just like I did 3 years ago. I don't know what to do anymore, he calls all day long, I wanted to install a trap and trace device to prove it is him but that would cost me £200 and that's money I don't have. So does maybe anybody have any tips on how to handle this, it just takes a toll on my mental health, and my relationship.

I'm thankful for any tip from anybody.
stormbeforethecalm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Phone terror

Postby realityhere » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Is it possible to get a new phone number? Some phone companies can give you what is called a "restricted" account, meaning your phone number and name never shows on anybody's phone, for a nominal fee. I know it's a hassle, but this time you can guard your phone number with only the ppl you trust and don't publish your email/phone number online. Can you put your social media accounts on private mode and stay away from public apps? Keep the nutcase blocked. The more expensive option is a new phone with a new phone number.
AWAY from mod duties, please contact another moderator.
realityhere
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 am

Postby stormbeforethecalm » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:34 pm

I actually did change my number, never posted it online or anything. I'm just trying to understand why he would say I am calling him if I don't.
stormbeforethecalm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby sabotage3 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 pm

You know, as a mod at psychforums you really shouldnt use the term "nutcase" realityhere. I know PF has an almost nazi like policy against criticising mods but that is out of line.
sabotage3
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (39)

Postby realityhere » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:26 am

My apologies, I shouldn't have said nutcase. Stalker is a more appropriate term.

I have read a lot worse from posters as a mod.

As you should know, sabotage, it's not a nazi policy. Mods are also members of the forum. There are forum rules regarding the treatment of forum members and it also applies to the mods who volunteer their time. It ain't no power trip, believe me.
realityhere

Postby realityhere » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:52 am

"I'm just trying to understand why he would say I am calling him if I don't."

Do you know how this doesn't make much sense here?
realityhere

Postby stormbeforethecalm » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:15 am

Nothing with this guy makes sense. I just can't think straight. I changed my number, he found out. I started working somewhere else, he found out. And late at night he starts texting me with another number and says "stop calling me 100 times a day you stupid bitch", even though I never called him.
Then I go and change my number which also costs me a few £100 because I have to change it so often.
stormbeforethecalm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby realityhere » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:18 am

Do you and this phone stalker have a network of friends/acquaintances/work colleagues/social media in common? He may be getting info thru other sources who unwittingly give him your phone #, work place location, etc. using the friendship angle via triangulation?

If he's calling you at work on a work phone, can you discuss this harassment with the HR dept and find out what the company's protocol is for phone harassment? It would be a start there to at least get the stalker offline during the day while you're working.

You mention you have a relationship. If it's a bf, a male voice on the line may stop the stalker in his tracks. I had the same stalking problem once, but my bf took one of his calls and told him to "f**k off"-- the fella stopped calling.

Dunno if any of these tips will work, but give 'em a try.
realityhere

Postby stormbeforethecalm » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:36 am

Thank you, but I already gave my brother my phone and he answered but he still keeps calling. I work at a retirement home, where his grandma lives but surprisingly he never visits her. Other than this we don't have similar friends or anything.

He won't admit it is him that calls me.
stormbeforethecalm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Stalking and Harassment