Our partner

online harassment

Open Discussions About Stalking and Harassment.

online harassment

Postby felixK » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm not sure where to put this topic, I guess it could also fit into the Relationship Forum, the Anxiety Forum or others. I find myself harassed by psychopathic behaviour on the internet.

I have asked on a general site for asking questions about an internet situation I cannot forget. And after an ordinary disagreement about an already presumptuous (patronizing but "understanding") remark, the other person didn't go for the comon sense principle of minimizing harm, but no doubt counting on me being finding it hard to forget, deliberately escalated the situation by enforcing his presumptuousness without argument.

From there on the person proceeded to feed the conflict with dark insults that would be hard for a moderator to see at first glance, but that reveal a particularly twisted nature, and that this is not something strange to the person.

I think I have seen something like this before, when a person seems to be stuck in some stage of their development that still makes them so proud, that they don't think they have to argue anymore but that there "ego" would be enough to justify anyththing, even insults and worse.

This already harassed me for months, since the moderators were too incompetent to understand what happened and don't take it seriously. Some thing sare also hard to explain, especially unusual and twisted situations, and no less if one also has shown signs of provocation (but nothing gratuitous).

It has been holding me in my personal life, and it is currently quite an important phase of my life where I need concentration and not to focus on some sick idiot.

I am still thinking of things I could say, but going back into it is extremely odious, and I know that the creature probably determined to continue forever, for no reason but because it's sick, and because it probably genuinely believes that this would somehow be "clever". All the behaviour I've seen of this person seems clichéd in the highest degree, yet also genuine, and he seems to find it all very fine, fair and "effective" and therefore "intelligent" and therefore automatically "proving him superior"...

There really doesn't seem to be any way out that I can see. It seems some people simply like to destroy and the internet is a good tool for that.
felixK
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: online harassment

Postby felixK » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:25 pm

It seems I can't edit the post. There are a few mistakes in there, and I said it has gone on for months, and though it might be nearing two months, it's better to say weeks.
felixK
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby felixK » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 pm

"deliberately escalated the situation by enforcing his presumptuousness without argument."
in a provocative manner.

This might already give the wrong appearance... I have tried to explain it in an as short way as possible, I'm not sure that it's necessarily understood the way it is. Precision is key in these things, and such situations are often intended to provide additional pressure on this...
felixK
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Koopa » Tue May 12, 2015 4:23 pm

I don't know enough of your situation to know if it is related to my own, but your have my sincere sympathies regardless.

I know that the internet is a very dark place, where the worst parts of the most terrible people come out and lash out at people for their own sadistic enjoyment. And while they are rare, the average individual is cold and uncaring. Kindness on the internet, in most cases, is unheard of.

Maybe it's part of my own condition, but I've learned to push away close relationships on the internet. They only lead to stress for me. I much prefer to only briefly interact and then move on. I've found myself to be happier this way, and frequently avoid the more cruel people.

I don't know if this is of any help; I don't really have any specific stories to share. But I understand.
Officially diagnosed: ADHD, Clinical Depression. "Unofficially" diagnosed: Schizotypal

Please forgive me if I do not read the entirety of long posts, I often have difficulty doing so.
Koopa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Postby boidae » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:27 am

felixK wrote:It has been holding me in my personal life, and it is currently quite an important phase of my life where I need concentration and not to focus on some sick idiot.

I know this is all horrible, but your post was so insightful. It made me laugh as well. I hope you've resolved this, I wouldn't have known what to say. You are cryptic have not gone into specifics.
boidae
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Postby donkeycry » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 pm

They smell.
Do it back?
donkeycry
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Postby eterea107 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:47 am

Your description is very vague, I gathered that you had a debate on a website forum that got too acrimonious, and the guy you were arguing with hasn't let up.

How has he not let up? It sounds like you're still a member at the site. Wouldn't it be best if you left? Or did you do that.

Does this guy have any information about you like your real nam? Social media?

What's your next step? It's smart not to engage this person. What more can you do to disengage?

Your personal safety and financial security depends on how much he knows about you.
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:21 pm

Postby RottenFish » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:58 pm

The internet can be a very dangerous place. I always warn people to be careful of the sites they use. If someone is harassing you on a website and the mods do nothing about it, then don't go back to that site. Remember, the internet is a public place. We need to choose when to go in, and when to leave.
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Stalking and Harassment

• Related articles