Our partner

Fear of Hands?

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Fear of Hands?

Postby somethingoranother » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:12 am

Hi, I have this like fear of hands... and I feel really awkward just saying this because I know how vital hands are and I don't want anything to happen to mine... but I'm just like really aware of hands and they seem really disgusting to me. They scare me a lot sometimes. I hate even the word hands... it just creeps me out... the word fingers disgusts me too. Especially large hands scare me. My friend has large hands and I can't look at his hands and I hate when he touches me even if it's just a tap on the shoulder or something. I don't like to be touched much anyway, but hands really freak me out a lot. I just feel like they're really big and clumsy and dirty and disgusting... do you have any idea why I feel this way? And what I could do to get over it?
somethingoranother
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fear of Hands?

Postby jasmin » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi, somethingoranother! Do you have OCD traits by any chance? Did you ever feel uncomfortable when someone touched you, before all this started? You could try talking to a therapist about it, ask your regular doctor where to find a good one.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post