Our partner

Fear of batteries?

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Fear of batteries?

Postby Caturday » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Just curious if this is a problem for anyone else.

I find it to be odd that I will go out in the middle of hurricanes or some of the other crazy things that I've done but batteries have the ability to put me in a shaking panic.

The AA, AAA, C, D batteries(and of course the watch batteries) do not bother me so much. I will not hold them in my hands for too long but I am fine with them. The 9 volt and the big flash light batteries scare me-- but car batteries hold a particular bit of terror inducing power over me. I just don't know what it is. If someone is going to jump my car, I can not be around it.

I recently spent a big chunk of time in the hospital. While I was in the hospital there was quite a bit of snow and cold weather. Every day that I was there, I was at least partially focused on the realization that my car would most definitely need to be jumped off when I was discharged because of snow and cold weather.
Other patients and nurses would often tell me that I was worrying about the thing that would be the last thing on their mind.

The fact of the matter is, it did have to be jumped and a new battery bought-- a new stronger :shock: battery.
It bothers me to know it is in there. :roll:

I really want to know that I am not the only one.

Cat
My Blog: Throwaway Princess--My New Life. Follow me after I have escaped severe abuse, manipulation, and fear. Walk with me as I try to live abuse free for the first time in my life. http://www.heir-born.com/
Caturday
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fear of batteries?

Postby jasmin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Cat, have you ever been in danger of being electrocuted or anything like that? This must be really hard for you, maybe some therapy could help you figure it out.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post