Our partner

fear of being alone

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

fear of being alone

Postby SikkaxCyanide » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:38 pm

I am absolutely terrified of being alone. I'm rarely left by myself and when I am I'm not sure what to do with myself. I cry and sometimes have panic attacks. I'm afraid to be away from my boyfriend. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with or get over my fear? Thanks
SikkaxCyanide
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: fear of being alone

Postby jasmin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi, SikkaxCyanide! You could try to get some help. Ask your doctor where you can find a good therapist to help with this stuff, you shouldn't have to go through all this. When you feel an attack coming on, post here, it's good to have someone to talk to.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: fear of being alone

Postby cusochris » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:37 am

[quote="SikkaxCyanide"]I am absolutely terrified of being alone. I'm rarely left by myself and when I am I'm not sure what to do with myself. I cry and sometimes have panic attacks.

I thought i was the only one in the world who has a phobia of being alone until i came across this post. It doesn't help cause i also have a phobia of the dark. I can't be on my own and even the thought of it terrifies me. I've been like this for 9 years now since i first became mentally ill following a complete breakdown due to childhood trauma. My husband is my carer and if he has to go somewhere on his own i have to go to my inlaws till he returns or to a friends house. Even in hospital i can't be left alone in a room for more than five minutes and they are really good about it when i go to appointments with someone. I know that if i am left alone for too long i will find that everyone will have gone, i don't know where they will just be gone and i will be left alone in the world, even the animals will have gone. I know how it sounds but even the thought of it makes me sweat and my pulse starts racing and i feel sick. I have been left alone a bit too long a couple of times and have had a panic attack.
cusochris
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post