Our partner

Fear of the night?

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Fear of the night?

Postby Cloud09 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:38 am

Hi everyone. Several years ago, I had a traumatic experience in which I ended up in the psychiatric ward during the night. I don't remember this experience extremely well due to the fact that I was experiencing psychosis. I do remember that I was hallucinating while being on the computer and I thought someone was spying on me or something. I also remember that I thought I had accidentally overdosed on my medication or something but as it turns out, I had not overdosed. In fact, I had not taken my medicine at all. I thought I had but I hadn't. I spent three days in the psychiatric ward because of this episode.
Cloud09
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fear of the night?

Postby Vandel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:22 am

I don't much like the dark either. I get really terrified, err... mortified sometimes. I have to close my blinds and such. I've been diagnosed with psychosis. But this has been going on my whole life. Oddly... I can sensory deprivation, but I believe that's because it's a controlled environment. Mind you that was about 7 years ago. My anxiety and otherwise has grown increasingly worse, I probably wouldn't be able to find peace in that environment right now without freaking out. Reagardless... I don't swim in water I can't see the bottom of either. Past few years I always thought when I was canoeing that there was something big living in the lake that was going to get me. I also had hallucinations of eyes. That happens at night, any place there's darkness really. Making me anxious just thinking about it. ~slow deep breaths~
just me... trying to be... something more than I was yesterday. be well everyone.
Vandel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Fear of the night?

Postby dexter-rocks » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 am

I totally understand,especially outside alone in the dark, the longer im in the dark the more paranoid i get untill i start hearing things and seeing things that arnt their as soon as im inside though i can calm down and tell myself nothing was out their and that its all in my head, but I still sleep with a knife beside me all the time.
dexter-rocks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:45 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post