Our partner

Athazagoraphobia, is this serious?

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Athazagoraphobia, is this serious?

Postby xSheryl » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi!
I'm new to this forum, but I was just wondering if I have a case of athazagoraphobia and whether or not this is serious. Basically, I think I have this massive fear of forgetting what I learned so I'm constantly studying or doing work. I am not often full on working, but I will always have a book infront of me whether I am on msn on the computer just because it makes me feel better and if I feel like I've forgotten something, I can check over it again. I have my exams coming up and I have sacrificed so many big parties and events because I am scared that after having a good time, my mind will blank and will forget everything I've learned. I can still manage to go out for a few hours in the day but when I get home I have to study again for a bit.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
xSheryl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Athazagoraphobia, is this serious?

Postby jasmin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:10 am

Hi, Sheryl, sorry about the late reply! Have you spoken to a doctor about this? It could be that you just have some traits and not a very serious problem, or that you have anxiety or some traits of OCD.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:13 am

Postby xSheryl » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:05 am

ooh nope! i haven't spoken to a doctor yet, i've told my friends and family about it but all of them say its normal, that i shouldn't worry and that they feel it too, problem is i actually feel calmer and safer when i'm around my own textbooks or when i'm steadily working. it's not a problem that shows daily but when i'm on a long vacation it starts to show. do you recommend seeing a doctor about this?

thanks for the reply!
xSheryl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:26 am

If it bothers you, then you should see a doctor. You're the one who knows what feels wrong or right, not your family, maybe they just don't get it. People do feel less anxious when they do what they feel like they have to do to calm down.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby xSheryl » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 pm

thanks alot jasmin :) this helped me quite a lot, knowing that it's not just my paranoia haha
xSheryl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:59 pm

You're welcome! :)
forum-rules.php
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post