Our partner

Social Anxiety? Monophobia? Please help!

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Social Anxiety? Monophobia? Please help!

Postby camerasta » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:20 am

I am nearly positive I have monophobia and social anxiety disorder too!

And let me tell you, I'm also just as lost... I feel hopeless....

Whenever I go anywhere alone outside of my house... I am constantly on edge... everyone makes me scared, and any stranger who looks at me I cannot make eye contact and if I do my heart starts racing... everything makes me jump and everyone scares me...no thats not the right word every person terrifies me! I cannot even walk down the street to the gas station, I shake and sweat and feel like someone is gonna stab me or rob me etc...

Even driving now I get anxiety because of cars around me... If I'm stopped at a red light I stare straight ahead and am almost nauseous because I'm scared the people in the cars next to me are staring at me... I always feel like everyone is staring at me... I cannot find a job because Im so nervous walking around to put in applications.

If I'm with friends, I'm alright... I'm still on edge but if I'm alone I'm terrified... completely terrified... Its people too that do it to me.. If I am walking down the street at night and there is no one around at all and I'm sure of it... I'm completely fine. The moment I see a person up ahead or see a car driving toward me or coming from behind me... I start panicking.

Its gotten to the point where unless I'm in my home, it's the only time I can be alone... and even then I still hate being alone, but that may just be loneliness... the public phobia though is getting bad...
camerasta
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Social Anxiety? Monophobia? Please help!

Postby jasmin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi, camerasta! It does sound like you have a serious problem. Are you getting treatment? You need to see a psych doctor who can help you. Ask someone from your family to take you there and wait for you. You can ask your regular doctor where you can find a psych for something like this.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby camerasta » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:04 am

Well the problem is, I'm not getting treatment.. because well I can't afford it... and my health insurance doesn't cover psych care or drug rehabilitation.
camerasta
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:28 pm

That sucks. Maybe your family could save some money to get you help or maybe you could look for some stuff that is free. You're welcome to come here to vent and talk any time you feel the need. How did you feel today?
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby camerasta » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:28 am

ty very much =]

Actually today was a pretty bad day for me... I went to the mall... to put out some applications with a few friends... and I was an anxious mess most of the time... and when I drove home alone the whole way home I was trembling... it was very difficult for me to drive even... I mean having social anxiety is bad enough but I just recently got a new car (1971 Volkswagen beetle) and I'm kinda in the process of learning to drive a stick shift... which the combination of trying not to mess up while driving, plus driving alone in public.. made me quite the nervous wreck =/
camerasta
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:50 pm

(((((((((camerasta)))))))))) I'm sorry you had such a hard time! How about looking for some support groups if you can't afford therapy right now?
forum-rules.php
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SikkaxCyanide » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:39 pm

I have this as well and am not sure what to do about it :( Being alone is terrifying
SikkaxCyanide
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:13 am

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post