Our partner

Movie-induced phobia

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Movie-induced phobia

Postby estranged » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:11 am

Usually when I watch "scary" movies, I come away from them feeling unsatisfied. Not only are they not scary to me, but they're actually pretty stupid in my opinion.
Then one day I watched "The Grudge". I'm not sure what it is about the ghost-woman, but ever since I saw it she's been haunting my dreams. Whenever I have a nightmare, she's in it, trying to get me. These nightmares are extremely vivid, and always make me wake up with my heart pounding and covered in sweat.
Has this happened to anyone else? Not with that movie in particular, but with any movie?
sweet smell of sunshine I remember sometimes
estranged
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Movie-induced phobia

Postby jasmin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Estranged, maybe the ghost-woman reminded you of something scary that you went through in the past, or maybe you're going through something stressful right now and these nightmares are how the stress manifests itself. I used to have nasty dreams about monsters from all kinds of movies..
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:02 am

Re: Movie-induced phobia

Postby Cooper » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:38 am

Bumping an old post here but I'm brand new and just started reading. =)

I suspect fear of The Grudge is down to that one scene, the scene where the protagonist resorts to hiding under the bedcovers to escape the girl, (hey, you're always safe there, right?) only to find that she's bloody well under there too.

Pretty well thought out bit of horror really, bothered me for some time too. =)
Cooper
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:02 am

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post